Does Denim update fix camera problems?

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Denim doesn't fix anything because there's no change at all for the Lumia 1020 in this update (if you were on PfD before, that is)

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, first MS stated that no camera updates come for other devices than 930,830,1520,icon. Second, I have O2 germany variant 64gb of 1020 which has Denim and nothing is new besides OS update which is the same as earlier on PFD. Also the freezing is still present on this, which on 8.0 was not.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. Denim should be theoretically firmware related. What's the point to get the same software as the PfD ? An experiment for O2 Germany ?
For the freezing I suggest to do a factory reinstall using Nokia Software Recovery Tool on a computer. (Previously save your folders and do a backup).

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, first MS stated that no camera updates come for other devices than 930,830,1520,icon. Second, I have O2 germany variant 64gb of 1020 which has Denim and nothing is new besides OS update which is the same as earlier on PFD. Also the freezing is still present on this, which on 8.0 was not.

Thanks for the answer. Denim should be theoretically firmware related. What's the point to get the same software as the PfD ? An experiment for O2 Germany ?
For the freezing I suggest to do a factory reinstall using Nokia Software Recovery Tool on a computer. (Previously save your folders and do a backup).

the exact same thing that I have asked before. I never got any answers. The german one seems like a sham to me. As O2 said they were combining the updates. I am sure they are using the bug that is there in Cyan extra and info which shows denim and pumped in the OS that came to PFD 1st. For all I know when I look at the firmware rev numbers, 920's 925's 1020's and few other have the same version number!!! and it is also in a health mix of CV, and operator branded ROM's (obviously with different product codes).

For being all different ROM's how does that work? Does it mean I can swap product codes to get the same firmware number?

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

That's it! I'm leaving windows phone!

...for my next phone. :cool:

andynew89

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
It's the best in STILL image. But useless if your subject is a playful 4 year old daughter. :unhappy:
Well I wouldn't call it useless. I've had my 1020 for few months and don't really have problems taking pics of my nieces (4 n 6 year olds) my only issue with the cam is its speed and sometimes I get yellowish tint but that's fixable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo