No 4G selection in cellular+sim

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I was on the 3G network all this time and always wanted to try out the 4G network speed as many had claimed it to be really fast. I got my new 4G sim last month but can't seem to use the 4G network on the 1020. I checked if it was a bandwidth difference in country of manufacture and country of use but it isn't. Now I cannot even see the 4G option in the drop down list when I go to Settings>Cellular+SIM >SIM settings>Highest connection speed.... Therefore I cannot use mobile data at all. Once I put a 4G sim my local telecommunication service provider says that the 3G will not work and therefore I'm now stuck with no data. I looked up the specs of the 1020 and checked so many times and I even hard reset the phone but still doesn't show me the 4G selection in the drop down list. Anyone willing to help me out?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I was on the 3G network all this time and always wanted to try out the 4G network speed as many had claimed it to be really fast. I got my new 4G sim last month but can't seem to use the 4G network on the 1020. I checked if it was a bandwidth difference in country of manufacture and country of use but it isn't. Now I cannot even see the 4G option in the drop down list when I go to Settings>Cellular+SIM >SIM settings>Highest connection speed.... Therefore I cannot use mobile data at all. Once I put a 4G sim my local telecommunication service provider says that the 3G will not work and therefore I'm now stuck with no data. I looked up the specs of the 1020 and checked so many times and I even hard reset the phone but still doesn't show me the 4G selection in the drop down list. Anyone willing to help me out?

What country are you based in and what country product code is your phone?

4G is enabled in Firmware depending on the country product code. eg My India Lumia 920 didn't have the 4G option in settings because it didn't support the 4G bands in India. I flashed it to the Italian Lumia 920 firmware and could see the 4G option.

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site

4G is enabled in Firmware depending on the country product code. eg My India Lumia 920 didn't have the 4G option in settings because it didn't support the 4G bands in India. I flashed it to the Italian Lumia 920 firmware and could see the 4G option.

I live in Sri Lanka, and my phone is version RM-875. I bought the phone from Singapore a year and a half ago and I used to have the 4G option but I didn't have a 4G sim. Ever since Cyan came out and I installed it I can't select 4G even when I have the 4G sim :(

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Do you think I should flash my 1020 to get the 4G bandwidth usability? Because all in my family including my mum and sister use Lumias a 920 and 925 and they too can't use 4G... But their phones show the 4G option it just doesn't work.... For me its not even showing the 4G option.... Pls help me

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Hi mate! I have the same problem on my 930. I had 4G option before, but bever used it. Last time I checked for it, it was gone. I think it happened after latest Pfd update. I am in Croatia, btw.

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm not familiar with flashing ROMs on Windows Phone. Is it safe? Will it brick my phone? Because I have so many photos and don't want to loose them. Game play is alright as long as I can download the game it self again... Anyone mind helping me?

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm not familiar with flashing ROMs on Windows Phone. Is it safe? Will it brick my phone? Because I have so many photos and don't want to loose them. Game play is alright as long as I can download the game it self again... Anyone mind helping me?

I think, if you enable photos backup, your photos are safe in your OneDrive account, make sure you activate it, and about game, you surely will redownload em all again, but as far as I know, any save data are safe too in game nowadays, not all game though, do it at your own risk

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
If I am to flash a ROM I would appreciate it if someone would please tell me which ROM to flash. A link? And is it a 100% safe to do so? I am afraid of bricking my phone because my spare one is given for repair. :(
My 1020's current info is as follows:

Manufacturer Name:
RM-875_apac_vietnam_234

Mobile Operator:
000-VN

Configuration ID:

Core Build ID:

Application Version:

Build Creation Date:
6/17/2014

Also I am on Cyan so flashing a ROM with black or amber would mean I have to download the updates again and its a waste of data :( please please please help me out. My thanks in advance....

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I think, if you enable photos backup, your photos are safe in your OneDrive account, make sure you activate it, and about game, you surely will redownload em all again, but as far as I know, any save data are safe too in game nowadays, not all game though, do it at your own risk

Yeah I prefer backing up the photos to the computer because my data connection is a capped one and I get slow uplink speeds. Any idea on which specific ROM to download?

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Download this "Windows Phone app for desktop" .. Google it, I can't post the link yet, as my total posts is under 10
I already have the app. I backed up my photos, videos and other documents. I had to manually copy the high res pictures from phone to PC as the app didn't back up the High res version. It only backed up the 5mp version of my pics.

Could you educate me on which ROM to download and from where I can download it. And also steps to flash it on my 1020? Thanks.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

No you have mistaken your phone supports 4G band.I have 4G option to choose in my Lumia 925 coz Microsoft enabled it in latest dev preview build 8.10.14203.206 (otherwise denim ).......4G option is added as the ?Highest connection speed? in India. Don?t know whether this holds for some other regions too...
Here is a screenshot of it
wp_ss_20150224_0001[1].png
I am not using it since 4G services are not yet enabled in my area eventhough I have 4G sim :)
If u r on latest build you get to choose 4G option :)

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
No you have mistaken your phone supports 4G band.I have 4G option to choose in my Lumia 925 coz Microsoft enabled it in latest dev preview build 8.10.14203.206 (otherwise denim ).......4G option is added as the ?Highest connection speed? in India. Don?t know whether this holds for some other regions too...
Here is a screenshot of it
View attachment 98118
I am not using it since 4G services are not yet enabled in my area eventhough I have 4G sim :)
If u r on latest build you get to choose 4G option :)

I had the 4G option before the Cyan update but I didn't have a 4G sim to make use of the LTE bands. Now I've got the 4G sim but no 4G option in the highest connection speed. I'm downloading the AU CV ROM via Nokia data packet manager. And will try flashing it once it is downloaded. If it works then ill be relieved but if it doesn't then I guess ill have to revert to a 3G sim once again. Lets see how everything goes. :)

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I had the 4G option before the Cyan update but I didn't have a 4G sim to make use of the LTE bands. Now I've got the 4G sim but no 4G option in the highest connection speed. I'm downloading the AU CV ROM via Nokia data packet manager. And will try flashing it once it is downloaded. If it works then ill be relieved but if it doesn't then I guess ill have to revert to a 3G sim once again. Lets see how everything goes. :)

You may need to update the post as it may be helpful to others seeking 4G option in their Phones :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos