On my Lumia 1020, why are my high-res photos becoming Corrupt?

Maxwell Zwe

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1020: Corrupt high-res photos.

Hi all,

So, here's what is happening from time to time. I use Lumia Camera or Proshot to capture most of my photos, while also using the native camera app when I want to take burst photos.

For the Lumia Camera, I usually go for JPEG (5 + 34/38 MP), changing aspect ratio now and then. Sometimes, 5 MP photos are fine, but the 34/38 MP ones will get corrupted, i.e. they will either be just green or grey backgrounds. Same thing also tends to happen with DNG files, that they cannot be opened by Photoshop or some other software.

This issue (corrupt high-res photos) also tend to happen with Proshot when shooting with high-res.

Performing a soft reset solved the problem, but I'm getting tired of soft resetting my phone every now and then.

With that, may I know whether has anyone also encountered this problem and if so, is there a permanent solution or a fix? Thanks in advance!

I've attached 3 screenshots.
1: Basic viewing of the 5 MP photo. No issue here.
2: When I pressed "Open with Lumia Camera", this green photo happens. Instead of a high-res photo, I get a high-res green background.
3: Using a File Explorer, you can see that the photos affected are the high res ones from Lumia Camera. Also happens with ProShot's high-res photos.

wp_ss_20150101_0005.jpgwp_ss_20150101_0006.jpgwp_ss_20150101_0008.jpg

Regards,
Valentine

Last edited:

shantahan

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1020: Corrupt high-res photos.

happens to my 1020 too. soft reset does fix it for me, but the already taken hi-res photos are lost, only the 5MP versions around.

latest ATT firmware, latest Developer Preview 8.1, cyan
unlocked on t-mobile.

dezzilak

May 14, 2014
Visit site

This only ever happened to me during the DP without Cyan, now it's fine with Cyan. Many other issues though, but this one stopped.

Maxwell Zwe

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

"happens to my 1020 too. soft reset does fix it for me, but the already taken hi-res photos are lost, only the 5MP versions around."

Same here. Though, the situation can get worse at times, when even the 5.3 MP (3072 x 1728) photos taken from the native app get corrupted (only showing grey background).

"This only ever happened to me during the DP without Cyan, now it's fine with Cyan. Many other issues though, but this one stopped."

Mine is running DP with Cyan, and it's still having this issue. I might need a hard reset, or need to wait for an update while only capturing 5 MP photos.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

Even tho my pro shot didn't corrupt pics on my 1520 I found it gave really bad results. Took a pic of a park and the railings were really pixelated and jaggy. Like it was from an 8 bit master system game. Deleted pro shot. Thought it was really over hyped to be honest

farhanaxiq

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
i also have the same problem and when I transfer the photo on my pc the picture still have the exif but not the photo that I took
WP_20150125_20_06_43_Pro.jpg

I don't know if its work but when I change the lumia camera resolution from full 38mp to 5mp and then back to 38mp the next image I took become ok but the previously shot is just grey

Luiz Cardim

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my 1020. Anybody find a solution? Apparently the problem occurs when I shot several pictures changing the exposure time and the ISO of the c?mera... To correct i need to restart the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven