The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-23-2015 08:27 AM
61 123
tools
    Please link your proof that lack of HDR and other Denim features is due to being lazy.
    Are you new? This is the default explanation around here!

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    a5cent and Guytronic like this.
    01-16-2015 04:35 PM
    Are you able to download Lumia Camera 5 on your 1020? I did on my 1520 (w/o Denim) and it still loads way faster. See link below. This would be interesting to know.

Exclusive: This one weird trick will let you use Lumia Camera 5 on your Cyan PureView phone
    It is not available for download on the phone.

Here, if this doesn't put the op out of his/her misery then I don't know what will... ... unless *cough*
    We chat with Microsoft's imaging chief about Denim, Lumia 1020, and more #CES2015 | Windows Central
    It doesnt unfortunately. The question that I had asked wasnt answered. YET!!
    01-16-2015 07:33 PM
    Yep, processor on the S4 is the bottleneck. The imaging processing hardware on the 1020 is slightly different from reference. Regardless, there needs to be software 'hacks' as Ruined has already mentioned.

Processing is always going to be slow on the 1020 when it is processing 41MP.
    Then I should atleast expect faster apploading on lumia 720 right? 6.7MP is not too hard to handle, ;)

point is MS doesnt want to put in resources on these old phones, might work for google & apple but MS is already having miniscule marketshare so if it continues this kind of fragmentation, ppl wont mind to move away from platform.
    Yazen likes this.
    01-17-2015 02:47 AM
    Please link your proof that lack of HDR and other Denim features is due to being lazy.

Per qualcomm the s4 plus is only specced to handle 20mp, not 41mp that the Lumia 1020 has. How do you know that the resources exist for more features after whatever custom hacks were put in place to attain 41mp on an arm soc that only supports 20mp image processing?
    https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...ocessors/s4-s1
    ok leave 1020, what abt the 520s, 620s,720s,820 & the pureview 920
    Yazen likes this.
    01-17-2015 02:49 AM
    It would be nice if we had an option to enable or disable the feature though.
    Take Photos in Smart Mode and you get Living Images.
    01-18-2015 04:39 AM
    Nor should you expect to have a sense of entitlement from MS or any other company when extending to hardware that is two generations old. I don't think anyone here that has never written software code has any idea how difficult a task this is.

MS code writers are busy writing for the next generation of hardware and the next and so on. Every piece of hardware developed today is already obsolete before it's even brought to market. That's how fast technology is changing

Enjoy what you have or move on to the newer stuff around the corner.
    When a person purchases a phone, a contract is established between Microsoft and the consumer. The consumer should expect that his/her device will receive continued development during the life of the device, which is 12 months starting from the date of purchase. It is unethical to not release Lumia Camera 5 for S4 devices as the 925 and 521 were just recently made EOL.

Microsoft's practices are neither transparent nor straightforward. WP7.8 + Lumia 910 is a good example of what not to do when you are trying to push your products.

Hopefully with W10 comes a solution that rectifies the app loading times. Maybe they could even fix the white balancing algorithms that they broke.
    01-19-2015 02:51 PM
    Can you provide us with a copy of the contract you mention? Or is it just a moral/ethic one?
    a5cent likes this.
    01-22-2015 11:41 AM
    When a person purchases a phone, a contract is established between Microsoft and the consumer. The consumer should expect that his/her device will receive continued development during the life of the device, which is 12 months starting from the date of purchase.
    I'd also like to see the text where that is stated. I think that is a figment of people's imaginations.
    01-22-2015 11:56 AM
    I still don't understand why some people become MS lawyers or representatives in this forum and try to defend all MS decisions. Actually some people may really be MS representatives but honestly is it bad to want more (or to more precise at least the basic) and complain when we don't get it? How is it possible for people who own the 1020 to be happy not getting on time updates, new features etc?

As for MS they have presented W10 and still we don't have the official Denim 6 months after it was announced! And I don't care if there is a developer preview etc because ... wait for it ... I am not a developer and I care only about official releases.

Anyway it is really hopeless when we discuss the obvious.

PS. It is great that we will also get W10 (blah, blah, blah) but let's get the Denim first!
    patrikmore likes this.
    01-23-2015 01:21 AM
    I still don't understand why some people become MS lawyers or representatives in this forum and try to defend all MS decisions.
    Assuming you are reacting to the two posts above yours:

No, it's not bad to want more and ask for it. However, it is bad to spread FUD and make people falsely believe they were promised something they weren't.

That just gets people riled up for no reason. It leads to endless amounts of whining on these forums that nobody really likes. It gets people complaining over broken promises that were never made. And it prevents people from asking the right questions, the answers to which have a far bigger chance of leading to real improvements...

You are confusing defense of the truth with the defense of MS.
    Last edited by a5cent; 01-23-2015 at 08:48 AM.
    01-23-2015 04:39 AM
    I was speaking in general.

Half the people here complain about updates, new features etc and the other half which I want to believe that also own a 1020 defend MS!
    01-23-2015 08:27 AM
61 123