Can I get some help with my New Lumia 1020?

spiderflies

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
New Lumia 1020 Owner

Hi There,

I recently got a Lumia 1020 over the Christmas period, retiring my HTC 8X.

Before using it I downloaded Developers Preview to get the back up of my settings from my HTC 8X. Unfortunately I now have 3 issues now which may have been caused from DP.

1) Camera - Indoors under low light and bright artificial lighting there seems to be a lot of noise shown on the screen of the phone. When a photo is taken, normally this noise disappears. However, when a video is taken the noise is also recorded. None of these issues arise when the light source is predominantly daylight. Was wondering if this was an issues from DP or is something else going on.

2) Second Microphone - Unfortunately the second microphone is dead. Is there any chance Lumia Denim may fix this issue? Unfortunately I can't get the phone repaired until the summer as I specifically need it to take photos/videos of projects for university. Granted the second microphone doesn't affect the camera, under different orientations of the phone video audio isn't recorded.

3) Freezing - The phone randomly freezes. Does Lumia Denim address this issue at all.

I understand Windows Phone 10 is coming out soon. Should I wait for Lumia Denim to see if it addresses these issues or would WP10 include the improvements from Lumia Denim.

Note: I have used Nokia Software Recovery Tool multiple times but it did not have any affect on the issues. Can firmware be reverted back to its original state?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: New Lumia 1020 Owner

Try a soft reset. Volume up (I think, I cannot remember right now) and power button when starting the phone. May help.

spiderflies

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

Couldn't get the Nokia Product Support Tool to work correctly.

Guess I'll have to make do, and hope for the best....

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't sound good at all for a new phone: the symptoms, and the recovery tool not working; can you return it? I would not have confidence in Denim fixing matters, but I have no experience with this. For next time, and for others: you didn't need the DP to get your backed-up files and settings. Unfortunately, your immediate move to DP keeps you from sorting out the cause(s) of your 1020 ills.

FWIW: I never trust developers-anythings, betas, etc. Best of luck getting past this.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Revert it back to the original firmware see if it still exist if not its obviously the DP causing the problem, then if it still exist return your phone because this might be hardware issues they might have given you a faulty one. Cheers

spiderflies

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I believe these issues are arising from problems with the hardware. Will just have to wait till summer to get them address.

Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99