Why is Denim still not avaliable when there are no new features (same firmware) except the OS update

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Expect 3051.50009.1451.xxxx to be rolled out to most 1020 this week. It will bring bugfixes, including that damn freeze bug.

Nothing new camera wise, except again bug fixes (RAW are finally geotagged, geotags were missing from .dng files since day 1).

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Expect 3051.50009.1451.xxxx to be rolled out to most 1020 this week. It will bring bugfixes, including that damn freeze bug.

Nothing new camera wise, except again bug fixes (RAW are finally geotagged, geotags were missing from .dng files since day 1).

Source?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
For the RAW part : Juha Alakarhu.

For the rest: a MVP friend of mine. No precise date, he said, but by Thursday most devices should have received it. No mention on how the 1451 version differ from the 1447, but according to him, the 1447 FW, used as a test in Finland, gave pretty good results.

Oh and the OS is that 8.10.14226.359 version, the latest.

Nothing official though, but if he tipped me, I think he's pretty sure.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
RAW files should now be geottaged, for sure. The Live folders are a feature of the OS (all WP8.1.1 devices have it); the RAW bug fixed is specific to the 1020 (and probably the freeze fix also).

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
No mention on how the 1451 version differ from the 1447, but according to him, the 1447 FW, used as a test in Finland, gave pretty good results.

Oh and the OS is that 8.10.14226.359 version, the latest.

Has anyone else on the PFD noticed that the OS ver is higher than the PFD? which means that PFD is not virtually denim!!! Denim may not bump up your FW number but OS yes compared to PFD. Question is what is the FI ROM got different in terms of the freeze bug?

I have the FW for Finland downloaded and ready to go. I just need to know what was different as they have the FW bumped up from 1451 to 1447!
Cheers

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Skamath said:
Has anyone else on the PFD noticed that the OS ver is higher than the PFD? which means that PFD is not virtually denim!!! Denim may not bump up your FW number but OS yes compared to PFD. Question is what is the FI ROM got different in terms of the freeze bug?

I have the FW for Finland downloaded and ready to go. I just need to know what was different as they have the FW bumped up from 1451 to 1447!
Cheers

I don't understand your message :

a) yes, the OS is now greater than the latest PfD. It's what I've written and what you quoted, so why ask if anyone noticed the OS is superior to the PfD? This is not new, it was the case for the 930 and other devices. Ultimately, all WP8.1 devices will get this latest GDR1 I suppose
b) If we call Denim the OS+FW update, then the 1020 (we're not talking about another device here) is concerned by a OS update AND a firmware update (unlike the 520 for instance, which only received GDR1). As far as I know, beyond the freeze bug, there's at least the RAW geottaging bug which got fixed by the 1451 firmware (dng files are not geotagged, unlike jpgs, since Black). For the other "under the hood" changes in the FW, nobody can really tell, unless Microsoft posts a changelog

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand your message :
I meant to say that PFD was a means given by MS for Developers to get their hands on the latest OS so they can do their thing and if this is the case then PFD did not give them the latest OS as there is an increase in the OS number.
By saying Virtually Denim I meant that 1020 users will not have any firmware changes as MS had advised that for some Denim would be just a change in name and many here in the forums were kinda of said if you have PFD then pretty much we had Denim.
hope it made sense.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes