Well I replaced my cracked screen with a full screen from RepairsUniverse and it seemed to work fine for a day or so. Now the screen is lagging. It seems like the refresh rate is slow and I can see black lines across the screen it pretty much gets to a point where it wont even scroll. Any ideas as to what can be wrong? Could it be the replacement screen or something with the phone? I contacted RepairsUniverse but the replacement policy is terrible you basically have to buy another screen and then if they decide the screen you send back is not defective you don't get the refund so now you bought two screens. I'm just trying to make this 1020 last till the next flagship phone is out.

Is there a cheap windows phone I can buy for ATT without a contract to hold me over to the next flagship? Or should I try to fix this screen again?

Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by dfaris; 02-04-2015 at 09:23 AM.
    02-04-2015 09:02 AM
    Was your replacement screen an original OEM part?
    Did you try to reconnect the foils?
    Above is "screen" related.

Below to recover software issues.
    Did you do a soft reset.
    Did you do a hard reset or reinstall the software with the Lumia software recovery tool?
    02-04-2015 09:15 AM
    Yes I reconnected all the foils and have done many soft resets. I don't know how to tell if it is a OEM part. How can I tell? It seems like the refresh rate is just dying on this phone.
    02-04-2015 09:21 AM
    Yes I reconnected all the foils and have done many soft resets. I don't know how to tell if it is a OEM part. How can I tell? It seems like the refresh rate is just dying on this phone.
    When you ordered it it should have been stated that it is an OEM. Not " generic " or "after marker" or whatever.
    If it is not clearly stated on the website it's probably a non OEM part.
    Can you send me the link from the part you bought?
    02-04-2015 09:35 AM
    Here is the link to the part I bought. All it says is that's it new. I'm guessing it is not OEM. Now I can't even get the screen to display anything after reboot. it only displays a very small part at the top of the screen like where the signal strength shows. I can swipe to the right and get the list of apps but can't run anything.

Nokia Lumia 1020 LCD + Touch Screen Assembly + Frame Replacement
    02-04-2015 09:47 AM
    Indeed it does not state OEM so it's not an OEM part. That is why the are often cheaper but also can have "side" effects.

You could try to place the old screen back to rule out that you damaged some component. (if that is possible

But I also don't know what you could do more. Sorry
    02-04-2015 11:05 AM
    I'm sending you a PM
    02-04-2015 06:46 PM
    I need to replace my screen, where are the good deals on OEM, I dont even care if its used :)
    02-06-2015 10:48 PM