I have a Nokia 1020 - but this bug might apply to all Nokia phones with the Notification & Action Center. I use the 8.1 OS across all my devices. Keeping the online Outlook Calendar synced up is mandatory for my work. I was flummoxed when new entries to the Calendar were not updating automatically. I had to do them manually on my phone. I discovered the bug.

I have several email accounts - including one for Outlook. Yet, the Outlook account exists only for me to have access to OneDrive. 100% of my emailing is done with the other accounts. One day, I tried cleaning up the clutter in the Notification & Action Center. I decided to turn the notifications off for the Outlook email account - IOW, the primary account. Well, I found out that also turned off the Outlook Calendar sync - so I turned it back on. Unfortunately, the automated sync updating never resumed. From then on, I had to manually sync the Calendar. After trying many work-arounds, the only solution was to factory reset the phone. The automated syncing worked again. I test this bug again - by turning that button off and back on. Same issue. I needed to factory reset again to fix it.

This never happened with my previous Samsung Focus 2. The reason being that Tango 7.5 doesn't have the ability to turn off the notifications from the primary account. It doesn't have a Notification & Action Center. I hope this helps somebody who's run into the same problem.
    02-04-2015 10:33 AM