Why I came back to Lumia 1020?

hugo alberto

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have no plans to change my 1020, the only thing I need it's a better battery life, so, in the near future, no new WP for me. Perhaps a Lumia 1330 just for have a bigger screen and a bigger battery.

SeanJamesWright

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Not sure where to post this but I have just pulled the trigger and purchased a used but in good condition 1020 for ?190 here in the UK. As a long time android user I have never really preferred one OS over another and Windows Phone has always intrigued me since owning a 900 a while back. So yeah I'm looking forward to ditching my nexus 5 and giving Windows Phone another shot ☺

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

niutu

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Not sure where to post this but I have just pulled the trigger and purchased a used but in good condition 1020 for ?190 here in the UK. As a long time android user I have never really preferred one OS over another and Windows Phone has always intrigued me since owning a 900 a while back. So yeah I'm looking forward to ditching my nexus 5 and giving Windows Phone another shot ☺

It's definitely more matured experience than anything Lumia 900 had (I should know since I used to own that). What I've seen the camera in 1020 is totally different league than Nexus 5, apart from the shot-to-shot times...

SeanJamesWright

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Awesome. I'm looking forward to finding my way around the OS again. I bought it unlocked so hopefully the new Denim update will get pushed to the device as it now rolling out in the UK I believe? Either way I can't wait to use it.

Radu BARAC

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I jut bought mine used but in excelent condition, warranty till 06.2016 with 215 euro, in Romania.
I love the device for it camera and os fluidity.I am looking for a camera grip, very difficult to find one in my country. Any suggestions are welcome.
I think I will stick with it and Windows OS for a while.
PS. I had big problems with battery drain, 2 day ago I did a hard restart + soft restart+ restore from backup, and now my device is loosing 3% in 7h.
This is great...

draco76x

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
L1020 is still my "Best" phone & fits my daily needs although the camera saving & shot to shot is abit slow (still in Cyan).

When L1020 upgrade to W10, I'm hope it can have a better performance or maintain it's current performance although the hardware is already few years old.

Will keep L1020 as a spare phone if the L1020 successor is worth for me to upgrade when release. :wink:

niutu

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I jut bought mine used but in excelent condition, warranty till 06.2016 with 215 euro, in Romania.
I love the device for it camera and os fluidity.I am looking for a camera grip, very difficult to find one in my country. Any suggestions are welcome.
I think I will stick with it and Windows OS for a while.
PS. I had big problems with battery drain, 2 day ago I did a hard restart + soft restart+ restore from backup, and now my device is loosing 3% in 7h.
This is great...

Yeah the battery gets better after a few charging cycles. I actually think the 1020's standby-time is pretty good.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Its a long weekend here and going for a trek with the kids tomorrow. The first gadget that I packed into my bag is my Lumia 1020 and the camera grip....L1020 has a special place in every one's heart.

BTW received the Denim update on my L1020 and the saving of photos is a bit faster. So the time between shots has improved a bit.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I have this sneaking suspicion that phones running Snapdragon S4 and older will be left out in the cold when it comes to Windows 10. If they do get Windows 10, they'll probably be lacking in most new features when compared to those running Snapdragon 200/400/600/800 series processors. That said, I hope I'm wrong.

I remember a video here on wincentral by Daniel where he compares the 920 and 830 side by side. The 920 was just as fast and if not, faster than the 830 in performing tasks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb