sync errors when transferring itunes playlists to 1020 using Windows Phone software on a mac

anastasismain

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I get the errors "Could not copy/create file" and this happens mostly with wav files.
My tunes are 99% mp3s and wavs. Error comes in wav files and also in mp3.
I deleted the itunes xml library file as well as com.microsoft.Windows-Phone-7-Connectorgave, gave access to the folder of music (its on an external drive, which is windows formatted), reconnected phone. No luck.

Is there a solution for this?
If there no easy way to do this its a deal breaker and i am gonna have to return this phone. Shame as i really like the camera.

Windows phone v 3.1.1
itunes v 12.1.0.50
OSX 10.8.5
Phone OS 8.1 latest version as of 12/2/2015

anastasismain

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Mine are typical 44khz/16bit LPCM wav files which are supported in the list you provided. As to why wav files, because they offer best quality and are supported by itunes (i could compress to lossless .flac but itunes doesn support these), i rip my cds to wav and thats i ve been using for years now along with mp3s..I have 64GB on my phone so space is not an issue.

I also tried to sent one wav file from my mac to my phone using bluetooth and my phone was able to play it just fine..
Any other apps that i could try to sync my itunes library to my lumia phone?

Konrad Kubak

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I am having the same issue on a lumia 735 with the latest Denim update. Sometimes the Windows Phone app for Mac synchronizes correctly. Yet, this is now the second time the app refuses to sync anything.

The phone is always discovered but the app only updates the time stamp for latest sync but doesn't move or delete any files.

Does anyone have a solution?

Kind regards,
Konrad

Konrad Kubak

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Might it be an issue of how the sd card is formatted? After getting a message from the Windows Phone app saying something like: "your storage settings have changed" prompting to continue OS X can't read the sd card anymore. The sd card will show up in disk utility but the partition is greyed out. Maybe OS X simply can't write to the the sd cards particular format.

anastasismain

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok didnt have much time to look into it but i can confirm that (as expected) my windows phone can play wav files. I tried transferring some wavs using a file transfer app and then using some other file explorer app i could locate and play the files.
So the issue is not WP8 not being able to playback wav files.
Still i cant transfer my mac itunes playlists using the Windows Phone for mac software. Only mp3s are copied not the wav files.

As an alternative way to have some of my itunes playlists on my phone, i tried to export an itunes playlist with all its tracks (including the relevant m3u and m3u8 playlist files) on a folder, copy this over to my phone and then try to play that playlist m3u file..I found no app that does that apart from a buy only one which i might consider although doing it this way is such a hassle..And if i add some new songs on the itunes playlists i ll have to re-export to phone again..

Is this a bug on the microsoft's Windows Phone software for mac? Could i use some other app to sync itunes on a mac with a wp8?
Anyone else to shed some light on this?
thanks

anastasismain

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
My phone doesnt have an sd card. Its got 64Gb built in.
And btw when i plug it in on my mac it doesnt get recognised as an external device like it does on windows pc..is this normal? Windows Phone software sees it fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)