Why is there no Lumia camera 5 for 1020?

meccruz

May 28, 2014
Visit site
why is there no lumia camera 5 for 1020 :(

i just updated my 1020 to denim, and im waiting for the lumia camera 5, at first it said, i need to update the app before i can open it, but when i try updating it theres no update at all...
i thought there will be limited enhancement like no 4k, but HDR? for real? there no love for 1020

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: why is there no lumia camera 5 for 1020 :(

There faster startup will be enough for my 925. Although i am already planning to upgrade to 930

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

It will come, believe me. People say its mainly hardware restrictions, whilst it is obvious we can't get 4k recording, but we still can get faster launch.
SO I side loaded Lumia camera 5 using power tools and developer unlocked 1020. Guess what. Speed is awesome. No lag or anything only thing was since the app wasn't designed to work for phones other than 830, 930, 1520, I had problems taking the actual shot. showed my insufficient disk space etc. Overall it is very much possible/ it is certain the app is capable of running on 1020.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

It will come, believe me. People say its mainly hardware restrictions, whilst it is obvious we can't get 4k recording, but we still can get faster launch.
SO I side loaded Lumia camera 5 using power tools and developer unlocked 1020. Guess what. Speed is awesome. No lag or anything only thing was since the app wasn't designed to work for phones other than 830, 930, 1520, I had problems taking the actual shot. showed my insufficient disk space etc. Overall it is very much possible/ it is certain the app is capable of running on 1020.

I tried using deployment kit and it gave me an error while sideloading the .appx file to my unlocked Lumia 1020. Can you give me a link to the .appx file and power tools?

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

You will need a decrypted version lumia camera 5 .appx file. Unfortunately I deleted mine since apart from the speed benefit i wasn't able to click photos.

Last edited:

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
The phone hardware can run Lumia Camera 5 but the hardware restrictions could be in the camera module itself. There propably will be improvements but the thing is that those full res images will not be saved any faster. The hardware just isn't fast enough.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

You will need a decrypted version lumia camera 5 .appx file. Unfortunately I deleted mine since apart from the speed benefit i wasn't able to click photos.

OK, so after some searching, I found the right .appx file and sideloaded it to my Lumia 1020. The start-up speed is excellent. It doesn't take shots, though. Really need a working update to the old Lumia Camera 4.9 app so that at least we could get start-up speed improvements. I do understand that the hardware is not capable of rich capture and moment capture.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The phone hardware can run Lumia Camera 5 but the hardware restrictions could be in the camera module itself. There propably will be improvements but the thing is that those full res images will not be saved any faster. The hardware just isn't fast enough.

Even faster start-up would be enough for the aging phone. The current Lumia Camera 4.9 app, when launched, first shows a blank screen, then the Loading... screen, and then the camera interface finally appears. It takes ~4s to get the camera ready to take pictures. The newer Lumia Camera 5.0 app is ready to take pictures as soon as the flipping animation is over. So that CAN be implemented in 4.9 app to make it faster since the hardware is capable.

PostItNote

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Camera360 Sight can take full res photos and is much faster than Lumia Camera. You lose some things, but it could be a nice compromise between Microsoft Camera and Lumia Camera. On the downside, you can't map it to the shutter key, AFAIK.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Camera360 Sight can take full res photos and is much faster than Lumia Camera. You lose some things, but it could be a nice compromise between Microsoft Camera and Lumia Camera. On the downside, you can't map it to the shutter key, AFAIK.
So is Proshot !! It is full professional app, but the problem, microsoft doesn't allow to launch it via hardware button.

nickisverygood

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
seems that we are going to have lumia camera 5 on win10 update.
For start up speed, a simple work around is to start lumia camera from multitasking. It speeds up a lot.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
So is Proshot !! It is full professional app, but the problem, microsoft doesn't allow to launch it via hardware button.

I found a patched .xap file for ProShot that has the launch-from-camera-button functionality, which can be deployed to dev-unlocked phones using the free Microsoft tool. I don't know if I can post it here.

Christus Hirschus

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I found a patched .xap file for ProShot that has the launch-from-camera-button functionality, which can be deployed to dev-unlocked phones using the free Microsoft tool. I don't know if I can post it here.

I don't think it's allowed, but I would be pleased to get a message from you ;)

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I've messaged both of you. BTW, for those who are curious, here are some screenshots.
*As a sidenote, I also have the launch-from-camera-button .xap file for Camera360 Sight*
wp_ss_20150419_0001.pngwp_ss_20150419_0002.pngwp_ss_20150419_0003.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb