Strange background wallpaper on 1020 - how to remove?

pajopatak

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
i have just bought the new 1020. Upgraded it to 8.1 (no Denim yet, however).

I have strange background picture that i can't get rid of. It is some kind of a MS/Nokia ad and is present behind all screens in all apps (it is barely visible when using bright theme), it displays the text: Windows Phone 8 41MP revolutionary camera touch here. Below that text is some undistinguishable graphic:

However, when i print screen on my 1020, i do not get this background image! Really strange! Is it some kind of a watermark? How can i get rid of it?

Thanks in advance!

pajopatak

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
No, i'm not using any screen guard. Good idea, though :smile:

So the soft/hard reset could be the only solution. I'll check it out as i don't have much stuff on it.

pajopatak

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
OK i have done that: Settings>About>Reset Your Phone

The phone is now displaying two wheels rotating (reseting itself), and through that white wheels i can still see some letters of that picture! I still wait for process to finish, but now i suspect that this will be AMOLED screen burn in issue!

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I would seriously doubt that a reset is going to do anything. You have burn in or something on your screen, otherwise it would have showed up on the screen shots. Just take it back and exchange it for another one.

pajopatak

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that is unfortunately burn-in. I have bought it from a ad, not from a Nokia centre. I'll have to replace screen. What cost am i looking into?

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Looks like burn-in, yeah, sorry. Any chance you can get a refund or replacement from where you bought it from? The 1020 screen can be expensive to replace, but it can be done.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
i have just bought the new 1020. Upgraded it to 8.1 (no Denim yet, however).

I have strange background picture that i can't get rid of. It is some kind of a MS/Nokia ad and is present behind all screens in all apps (it is barely visible when using bright theme), it displays the text: Windows Phone 8 41MP revolutionary camera touch here. Below that text is some undistinguishable graphic:

[url]http://s19.postimg.org/osljweev3/DSCF1626.jpg[/url]

[url]http://s19.postimg.org/k83yv7kjj/DSCF1627.jpg[/url]

However, when i print screen on my 1020, i do not get this background image! Really strange! Is it some kind of a watermark? How can i get rid of it?

[url]http://s19.postimg.org/km5aut4n3/wp_ss_20150214_0001.jpg[/url]

[url]http://s19.postimg.org/pyu58xsjj/wp_ss_20150214_0002.jpg[/url]

[url]http://s19.postimg.org/6v0tslfpb/wp_ss_20150214_0003.jpg[/url]

Thanks in advance!

There's an app that was designed to remove "burned-in" images from AMOLED screens: Wiper. I haven't had this issue with my phone. However, since your phone is relatively new and should still be covered by the product replacement period, you should have your phone replaced with a brand new phone.

First of all, if your phone was indeed brand new, the screen should have no burned-in images at all. Looks like your phone was used as a display unit for a long period of time.

At any rate, let us know if the app works, or if you decide to have your phone replaced.

pajopatak

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I can't actually complain too much, as i have got the phone from the private person (so the return is not possible), for as low as 170 EUR, with original box and everything in it, it is obvious that the unit has not been used (in terms of physical properties). However it is possible that the phone was used as a floor model - i was aware of that possibility.

I'll try Wiper app. New screen is something like 120 USD. I think i'll go for it (after i test the app). I really like 1020 - it is fast phone, with bunch of a possibilities and functions, not so huge as 1520, with excellent camera - probably one of the best (btw. i'm ex long term Symbian user - coming from E72 and E6).

Thanks everyone for the advices :cool:

There's an app that was designed to remove "burned-in" images from AMOLED screens: Wiper. I haven't had this issue with my phone. However, since your phone is relatively new and should still be covered by the product replacement period, you should have your phone replaced with a brand new phone.

First of all, if your phone was indeed brand new, the screen should have no burned-in images at all. Looks like your phone was used as a display unit for a long period of time.

At any rate, let us know if the app works, or if you decide to have your phone replaced.

pajopatak

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I have run all night Wiper, and i think it actually helps: the shadows are brighter now.
I'll run overnight Wiper again and will report the result here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720