1020 thinks it's a 909 and that it's a running demo software

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
anyone know anything about this? phone was running fine, then it restarted and went through setup as if it was a new phone. now in settings and about it looks like the phone thinks it's a 909 and it's running what looks like some kind of demo software...instead of having the option to reset the phone, the reset button says "demo update" if i remember correctly.

anyone know how to fix this? i just want to restore the phone to a state before it crashed or restarted or whatever happened happened. thanks in advance for the help!

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The 909 thing is normal - I understand the 1020 was destined to be called the 909 until just before the announcement, and the number was never changed. On the box mine came in, it says Nokia 909.1/Nokia Lumia 1020, and under 'about' in settings mine also says 909 under Model.

As for the 'demo update', I have no idea, sorry. Hope you find a solution!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Flash your phone to a retail software. Looks like the phone you've either had a demo firmware running or the phone itself was a store demo unit. If it was purchased new then it should never been sold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte