How to flash an AU CV 1020 with a GB CV ROM?

l33tuc

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

My 1020 has become quite sluggish of late so I've decided I'm going to do a hard reset at the very least.

I bought the device (yellow AU CV) whilst on holiday in Australia, but I'm now back in the UK, so I thought as I'm going to wipe it anyway, I might as well reflash it to the CV UK ROM, especially as Australia appear to be massively stalling on Denim as well.

I've searched the forums and found a couple of guides, but every one I have found sends me to dead-links for downloads.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a current solution?

Cheers in advance,

Lee.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Find the product code here and tutorial to flash here

Hi all,

My 1020 has become quite sluggish of late so I've decided I'm going to do a hard reset at the very least.

I bought the device (yellow AU CV) whilst on holiday in Australia, but I'm now back in the UK, so I thought as I'm going to wipe it anyway, I might as well reflash it to the CV UK ROM, especially as Australia appear to be massively stalling on Denim as well.

I've searched the forums and found a couple of guides, but every one I have found sends me to dead-links for downloads.

Cheers in advance,

Lee.

l33tuc

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Cheers for that info fella!

Worked a charm! I now have a GB CV variant... but still don't have Denim... lol! Ah well, doesn't bring much to the 1020 anyway.

On a side note, I really hope MS makes some serious improvements to the backup / restore process in W10... It's basically taken me an entire day to recover my phone to essentially the same state it was before I started, mainly due to cloud backup / restore failures. During the restore it stalled at 25% for over 2 hours before I eventually gave up. Thankfully it did manage a partial restore and recovered most of my settings and the list of previously installed apps, which Store is still re-downloading now, so not the end of the world, but certainly not ideal!

Anyway, thanks again mate! :)

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
You are welcome. Glad I could help.
I thought UK got denim. The reason people are looking forward to denim for 1020 is because it has the sleep/freeze bug fix.
The restore has always worked beautifully for me. Infact one of the builds, it saves your tile layout as well.
One thing I could recommend is, deleting the old backup and create a new backup of current setup.

Worked a charm! I now have a GB CV variant... but still don't have Denim... lol! Ah well, doesn't bring much to the 1020 anyway.

On a side note, I really hope MS makes some serious improvements to the backup / restore process in W10... It's basically taken me an entire day to recover my phone to essentially the same state it was before I started, mainly due to cloud backup / restore failures. During the restore it stalled at 25% for over 2 hours before I eventually gave up. Thankfully it did manage a partial restore and recovered most of my settings and the list of previously installed apps, which Store is still re-downloading now, so not the end of the world, but certainly not ideal!

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

FYKI the 1020 au got denim today :) not much in performance wise that I notice since I had the DP but I will give it a few days to see it and test it out.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
My 1020 Au CV had an update this morning. I didn't record the build numbers before installing it. Settings screen still says Cyan though.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 Au CV had an update this morning. I didn't record the build numbers before installing it. Settings screen still says Cyan though.

Just go to MS website and check the FW number there and compare with your about section in the settings and if the numbers match you have it and if you have the PFD on turn it off and check for update and you will get the OS side of it as well.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Cheers in advance,

Lee.

Hey Lee

I finished with installing denim and playing around with the 1020. I have a CV HK which I flashed to CV AU.
I have DP installed as well the first update that I got was for the firmware which I double checked with the FW number. It still didnt update the OS to the one listed elsewhere. I turned off the DP and checked for update and it was there installed that as well.
The only Bug so far I have seen is that when the DP is turned back on again it shows Cyan instead of Denim which I exact opposite of the bug pre Denim. Weird. The lags were there for which I turned the DP off again and did a couple of soft resets in a span of 4 hours using the volume down + power button.
Now the phone is snappy as and very responsive. The resuming and loading screen are far few and the phone works just like it is supposed too.

I suspect that the DP is the culprit in my case and will keep it off until something else is there in DP updates.
If you have DP do what I did instead of a risky flash which might even brick the phone!!
If you dont have DP go ahead with the update and soft reset like I did and check on it again. I am sure you will notice a huge difference in the response time.

Flashing in my case I did as the CV HW package was heavier by a few 100MBs compared to the AU variant if not I wouldnt have taken the risk myself.

Give it a fair shake of the good ol sauce bottle and see how you go.

Cheers mate.

l33tuc

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in reply, I didn't get any notifications so I hadn't realised I'd had any responses!

I honestly don't know if I have got denim or not now, it's so confusing! But I can definitely confirm that since flashing to the UK rom my 1020 is all hunky-dorey once again! It has even fixed the sleep/freeze bug that plagued my 1020 every single night whilst on the AU rom... It hasn't happened once since flashing (touch wood!), so that alone has made the process worth it!

It's the story of my life that they released the update in Aus the same day I decided to flash though! Ah well, all you Aussies can thank me for that! Lol ;)

Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss