Why won't my Nokia 1020 pick up my charger?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why wont my nokia 1020 pick up my charger?

only just gpt the phone been working fine for 3 months till i put it on chage one night wake up take it off , and it wouldnt conneted though usb to my laptop and that night wouldnt charge either now my phone is dead and will only vibrate at me so still reponsive and i tested the charging in my old phone so i know it works.
can someone help me fix this?

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: why wont my nokia 1020 pick up my charger?

only just gpt the phone been working fine for 3 months till i put it on chage one night wake up take it off , and it wouldnt conneted though usb to my laptop and that night wouldnt charge either now my phone is dead and will only vibrate at me so still reponsive and i tested the charging in my old phone so i know it works.

1.Download nsu(NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER) and install it.
2.Connect Phone to pc
3.Start NSU and click on the option(My phone does not boot up)
4.It will flash the latest firmware update on your phone
5.A screen with a red background and a nokia logo will show the progress of installation
I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!
(NOTE:DO NOT DISCONNECT THE INTERNET CONNECTION DURING ALL TIMES IN THIS PROCEDURE)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: why wont my nokia 1020 pick up my charger?

Welcome to Windows Central.

There are two possible scenarios:
1. The battery of your L1020 has been damaged (possibly an over-charge protection failure since it was left charging over night); or
2. Your L1020 has a corrupted boot sector. However, for this second scenario, you should see a prompt showing "BOOT ERROR" if you could get your phone to start.

It is possible that your phone only has a damaged battery - your phone needs to have enough power in the battery in order to start (and then be recognized by your PC/Laptop). At any rate, the best option would be to bring your phone to a service center and have it diagnosed there. Your phone should still be covered by warranty since it is only 3 months old. Taking your phone to a service center would be safer and more reliable, especially since "updating" and messing with the original OS installed on your phone could void the warranty of your phone. Plus, the technicians (or their representatives) would be able to tell you with certainty what exactly is happening to your phone.:angel:

For the second scenario, my L1020 suffered a similar fate several months ago, and I simply brought it to the service center and claimed the 12-month warranty period for free repairs and parts replacement. I am expecting to receive it in two weeks.

raggedy b

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Interesting what you say about the overcharge scenario,I leave mine charging overnight on it's cradle and have done for a year now with no problems,the same with my 920 ,maybe I've just been lucky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa