Windows 10 Installation Problem

NokiaLumiaUser

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have lumia 1020 and windows 8.1 denim without dev preview.
I have tried to install windows 10 technical preview, two times on my device:
1st time from W8.1 dev prev: and after installation, device is bricked, not say update complete, absolutely nothing works, when I turn off the screen, phone freeze.
2st time from W8.1 denim without dev: When the update complete, there was a ''migratting your data'' procedure.
In step 18 of 21, phone turn off the screen and no respond. Power key not working. Volume down + power, restart device and phone display start. There are no application they can open. Try to open settings - crash, try to open photos, crash, wi-fi from taskbar, ooopened, and when you try to connect to wifi, you don't have a keyboard to enter password. No way to turn off cellular data, airplane mode from taskbar not working.I have tried 2 times to install w10, and I must to use Lumia Recovery tool for 8.1.
Does anyone have same problem? How to contact Microsoft for that issue. What's the problem? My stock 8.1 firmware?
How to install windows 10 on my device? Change stock firmware from Vietnam to some other? Or hardware issue? :p
Everything is working perfect on windows 8.1 Denim.
Thanks in advance, Micke

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have lumia 1020 and windows 8.1 denim without dev preview.
I have tried to install windows 10 technical preview, two times on my device:
1st time from W8.1 dev prev: and after installation, device is bricked, not say update complete, absolutely nothing works, when I turn off the screen, phone freeze.
2st time from W8.1 denim without dev: When the update complete, there was a ''migratting your data'' procedure.
In step 18 of 21, phone turn off the screen and no respond. Power key not working. Volume down + power, restart device and phone display start. There are no application they can open. Try to open settings - crash, try to open photos, crash, wi-fi from taskbar, ooopened, and when you try to connect to wifi, you don't have a keyboard to enter password. No way to turn off cellular data, airplane mode from taskbar not working.I have tried 2 times to install w10, and I must to use Lumia Recovery tool for 8.1.
Does anyone have same problem? How to contact Microsoft for that issue. What's the problem? My stock 8.1 firmware?
How to install windows 10 on my device? Change stock firmware from Vietnam to some other? Or hardware issue? :p
Everything is working perfect on windows 8.1 Denim.
Thanks in advance, Micke

first roll back to 8.1 again and better option will be to wait for the next stable build as this is the first build offered to a vast number of devices like yours 1020. so better play safe ;) good day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss