A couple of months ago my Lumia 1020 (about 7 months old at the time) started having trouble connecting to the computer via USB cable. My computer runs Windows 8.1. I'll plug it in and it will connect but then disconnect/reconnect every few seconds afterwards until it disconnects completely. I have tried restarting the phone, restarting the computer, installing new drivers for the phone on the computer, cleaning the microUSB slot on the phone. I have been using the original cable. It works fine when I use the cable to charge through a wall outlet. I just don't know what to try anymore
    04-11-2015 04:52 PM
    A couple of months ago my Lumia 1020 (about 7 months old at the time) started having trouble connecting to the computer via USB cable. My computer runs Windows 8.1. I'll plug it in and it will connect but then disconnect/reconnect every few seconds afterwards until it disconnects completely. I have tried restarting the phone, restarting the computer, installing new drivers for the phone on the computer, cleaning the microUSB slot on the phone. I have been using the original cable. It works fine when I use the cable to charge through a wall outlet. I just don't know what to try anymore
    uninstall all the drivers from your pc. keep your internet connection n. connect the device to the pc and do a soft reset while the phone is connected. this will install the drivers afresh and might solve the problem. or your usb port in your pc\lap might be buggy. check them out ;) good day
    04-11-2015 11:08 PM