Hi all,
    Just wanna figure out whats make my phone Lumia 1020 totaly dead.
    If someone know about the problem or how to fix it, please tell me.
    In here, Indonesia, Jakarta, many service center reject my phone, all say thats a software problem and they dont have the software. On Nokia Care Center the SOP push me to pay 5.200.000 IDR /433 USD for change mainboard, i dont have much money like that, so i pull my phone from NCC, and hope there is solution to help my phone.

So here is the story, after 3 or 4 day im update to denim im going to hill to take some photo, the last i see the battery is 48%, i put my phone on backpack and going down about 1 hour. I took my phone from backpack and i found it dead.
    First rescue, im going to nearby restaurant and plug the charger in, nothing respond, just blinking windows logo (home).
    At home i put the phone to my laptop for recovery using windows phone recovery tool but the software not detected my phone even i hit the my phone not detected option.
    I open add/remove hardware i found my phone unspecify QHUSB_DLOAD.
    Im searching in internet that qhusb_dload show because the error/miss match firmware installation. How it could be, im update Denim via OTA.

Some article say that my phone can fix with ATF JATG. In here the prise of ATF is about 1.300.00 IDR, i wanna buy it but i dont know how to use it, on youtube video it must solder something, and i dont know it...

Please if someone know how to fix it, tell me

Thank you
    04-12-2015 07:52 AM
    I have encountered the same problem with my L1020. Since recovery options through a PC won't work, the only solution is either to have the service center replace the board or to have them reinstall the OS. It is strange why they said that they don't have the software for your phone. You may report this to Microsoft Asia by email, or even through Twitter @LumiaHelp - they respond well through their Twitter account and email. They seem to notify the local centers since a few days after my report the local center called me to provide updates and information.

In my case, I returned my phone within the 12-month warranty period, so they are "required" to repair or replace my phone. My phone is still being "repaired" until now.
    04-12-2015 08:18 AM
    Thanks for respons gpobernardo. The only way that nokia care center is board replacement,and my phone out of warranty,the price of the board like i buy new lumia 1020. The other service center reject my phone because they dont have the software. No hope in here, so that i wan to fix by my self,but i dont know where is to start :-( . So hard in here to find service center that can fix lumia...
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-12-2015 08:56 AM
    Do you have experience in assembling electronic devices in a clean room? If "yes" and if you have access to at least a near-dust-free room or place, then chances of replacing the board by yourself with success would be good (not high, but good)

By reporting to @LumiaHelp or to Microsoft Asia, they would be aware that the service center doesn't have the software and they might do something about it. At the very least you would receive a response from them on what to actually do.
    04-12-2015 09:44 AM
    Same problem on my 925 while upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10. My phone is still dead.
    04-13-2015 12:49 AM
    i have a similar Problem. i wanted to reset my phone from the info menu in winows phone 10 to the stock Windows 10 Settings. now the Problem is that my Lumia boots and turns on, but once booted there is an empty black Screen. all i have is the lockscreen and the Volume menu but nothing else. any suggestions now ?
    04-13-2015 06:02 PM
    Its look like your phone can be rescued by nokia software updater for retail fra71771.
    04-14-2015 03:27 AM
    I got the problem. My lumia 1020 emmc is broken. And just for your information the chip is branded with sams***. OMG why Nokia still use this barnd as they important parts. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
    04-16-2015 10:12 AM