Ever since I installed the Denim update, I noticed that the 1020 is draining battery much faster.

I have only Facebook, whats app and cortana as always allowed. \

Anyone facing this. I have already reset the phone and re installed through recovery software.

Thanks
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-14-2015 01:39 PM
    Mine is about the same..though it has always sucked due to (I believe) a hardware issue. About 7% per hour no matter what..even on battery saver + airplane mode.
    04-14-2015 06:22 PM
    About the same as before for me as well.

7 % is way too much though. On airplane mode I drop about 3 % over a night. A hard reset might change it for the better.
    04-15-2015 09:57 PM
    About the same as before for me as well.

7 % is way too much though. On airplane mode I drop about 3 % over a night. A hard reset might change it for the better.
    Oh I agree 7% is way too high.

I've tried just about everything..including multiple hard resets. There was some speculation back in the day that a faulty flash module was causing current leakage in a batch of 1020's. Best theory I've got so far. At least they fixed the freezing/lockup problem as promised via Denim update /shrug. At this point, since I needed to get a reliable phone for on-call (and was tired of having to remember to manually turn off wifi before bed each night so that the phone wouldn't lock up) my 1020 is now a very smart point-and-shoot camera that I take with me on special occasions. The 830 I ended up getting is just so much better as a daily driver that I haven't had the heart to switch back...the battery life being one of the major issues :D

Maybe the new flagship will allow me to have top-of-the-line camera capability in my daily driver once again. Guess we'll see.
    04-16-2015 10:11 AM
    I've tried just about everything..including multiple hard resets.
    Except warranty? ;) Or have you tried that as well?

How would you describe the photo quality of the 830 compared to the 1020?
    04-16-2015 01:46 PM
    Except warranty? ;) Or have you tried that as well?

How would you describe the photo quality of the 830 compared to the 1020?
    Bought it off of ebay and it was a variant from a country I don't live in...so didn't think warranty was an option /shrug

Photo quality is pretty much night and day..there's really no comparison between the two. In bright daylight, the 830 does pretty well overall..but as the light levels go down the 1020 just dominates. Having Lumia Camera 5 on the 830 makes a better everyday shooter due to time-to-launch and shot-to-shot delay (plus cool new toys like Rich Capture)...but overall the 1020 is going to be the better device in raw picture quality in nearly any scenario by a wide margin.
    SL2 likes this.
    04-16-2015 02:20 PM
    Bought it off of ebay and it was a variant from a country I don't live in...so didn't think warranty was an option /shrug
    Yeah, it looks like you're right.

Mobile Community - is Nokia Lumia 1020 has International Warranty? - Microsoft Mobile Community

I rarely manage to avoid motion blur with my 1020 when taking low light pics.
    04-16-2015 03:10 PM