Should I buy a 1020 now?

Mohit Jain4

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
So, I have this guy who is selling me a 1020 really cheap, but I m wondering if I should buy it or not as I read so many negative reviews, and that its processor is really slow. I am currently using a L530 which I hate (miss my L520) .
What do u guys say, should I go to the phone?

Also please tell me how can I check till when the phone is in warranty, I need to know the date/ month not just the general warranty check .

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Its not slow. Mine runs quite well... I doubt you can find out the exact date unless you contact Microsoft Lumia/Nokia but I believe its from build date not purchase?

Mohit Jain4

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Its not slow. Mine runs quite well... I doubt you can find out the exact date unless you contact Microsoft Lumia/Nokia but I believe its from build date not purchase?
I read somewhere that it freezes for some people. well then iI will have to get it checked at a Nokia care, and have its warranty extended if its still in warranty.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Is it suspiciously cheap?
Why not test drive one and see if you find it slow?
You'd extend a hardware warranty for software freezes? They must love you.

Mohit Jain4

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Lol not just the software freezes, I kinda like the extended warranty, saves me the trouble if I have to get its motherboard replaced (520 had a problem, and since it was in that extended support, they gave me a replacement L530 model)

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Check the phone for defects and look carefully if it isn't defect. Lumia 1020 isn't slow, it's same proc as on my Ativ S and it flies. It's just a camera that is slow, but hey, that's understandable.

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Make sure it actually charges, I've heard of a few people taking mint condition phones home only to realize the USB port doesn't work. That means no restore ability or charging via USB (qi covers are hard to find for this phone).

Mohit Jain4

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Do any of u find yourself short of storage, At any time? Did u ever wished u had a sd card slot.
I was concerned about battery too but then I know how much that camera would eat and I already keep a power bank with me always.

Mohit Jain4

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Check the phone for defects and look carefully if it isn't defect. Lumia 1020 isn't slow, it's same proc as on my Ativ S and it flies. It's just a camera that is slow, but hey, that's understandable.
Yeah I will get it checked from Nokia support . Can't believe him.
Also I have an option to sell it , as my uncle is in this business and he will resell it in no time :D

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Do any of u find yourself short of storage, At any time? Did u ever wished u had a sd card slot.

I was concerned about battery too but then I know how much that camera would eat and I already keep a power bank with me always.

If you use the camera frequently, it will also be good to buy a camera grip. Then, you do not have to worry about battery charge. A camera grip will add extra 8 hours of charge on your phone.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No storage issues for me. But I don't fill it with videos/games/music - netflix/onedrive/spotify for me.

PS Digital

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I love mine and don't have any issues. I use the camera a lot and have no storage issues but my photos upload to One Drive as soon as I take them so I can delete them from the phone.
I can't wait for a newer version to come out. If it's better than this one, it will be awesome!

Mohit Jain4

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Why u liked more the 520 over the 530?

520 was far far better than this.....
1. 530's screen is so bad, while viewing it everytime u will feel the difference. Viewing angle is so bad too. Colours look quite bad
2. No sensors and I miss the double tap to on feature
3. No auto focus
4. Internal men fills everytime
5. And while viewing some web pages , it used to redirect me to spam links ( I don't know why this condition was, had to rest it 4-5 times and now this problem is very less, even told ms abt it but they even didn't knew)

bichaels

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I still find my 1020 a great device. Note that the freezing issue is now solved with the Denim update. I find storage and battery okay. Only thing I would like is a faster camera but then it's a trade off for the great quality...

Mohit Jain4

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I still find my 1020 a great device. Note that the freezing issue is now solved with the Denim update. I find storage and battery okay. Only thing I would like is a faster camera but then it's a trade off for the great quality...
Thanks,Yeah the cam is slower cause of the processor they said.
Between can you teell me if we can zoom while taking pics or recording videos? Also if we can pause while recording( maybe pause is not in wp os)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans