Lumia camera crashing on launch

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, im using a Lumia 1020 and it worked perfectly for almost 2 years until today... I installed time lapse studio excited to make time lapse videos... And then created a project from my files and deleted the picture file in the app and then found that it actually deleted every single photo in my camera roll and all other albums were also empty. Now have been trying for almost 4 hours to get Lumia camera to open but it crashes on launch. I tried many soft resets and re installed the app twice but no results. :'(
Already painfully lost 1300+photos and now can't open my favorite camera app all in the same day :'( please anyone willing to help me out? Pls pls pls????

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Just now found out that I cannot attach any picture from my camera roll guys WhatsApp or Viber...
Looks like that Time lapse Studio really messed up my phone...
I want to bash the app and give it a bad rating but at the same time I don't want to discourage the developers... :(

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Looks like I will have to do a hard reset I guess... Hope it does the trick because I really need to use the camera. :( anyone willing to give me any other suggestions before I hard reset?

Francizd

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I've had this problem before but with just the nokia camera app itself. I restarted it and it still would not open. I turned it off for about a couple of hours and it started back up again.

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I just replaced my screen and digitizer on my Lumia 1020 and when I press the camera button or any camera app it just goes back to the main screen.

Yes, that's exactly the same issue I had except I didn't replace my screen. A hard reset fixes the issue. However try soft resets and re installing the app first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb