Nokia 1020 will not charge. Can see low battery warning, but thats it

jimrawr

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a Lumia 1020 for about 11 months now and today it stopped charging. If I try to turn on the phone, I can see the low battery indicator. Then the phone will proceed to turn off after a few seconds. I have tried a soft reset by holding down power and volume down at the same time. I can feel a small vibration after 6 seconds of doing this, but otherwise nothing happens.

I have tried 2 different chargers, as well as connecting to the USB in the computer. Any help would be appreciated.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It's possible that the battery of your phone already needs replacement - or the usb port.

Have you tried connecting your phone to a PC?

At any rate, as soon as you can, check if your phone is still within the 12-month warranty period. If yes, then you may be in luck - take your phone to the service center during the warranty period and have them diagnose the problem.

jimrawr

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I bought an international version, so I think its out of warranty even though we are within the one year period. Yes I did try connecting to PC and the phone doesnt respond that way either. Battery was not showing any odd behavior prior to today.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

At the very least, you can try bringing your phone back to where you bought it (presuming that you bought it from a physical store) - they may honor the warranty since it was sold by them.

Still, it could be a battery-related problem, but only a hands-on diagnosis will determine the problem with certainty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss