My Lumia 1020 is dead and nobody can help

Mathieu Ackermann

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My Lumia 1020 died 3 weeks ago. I wanted to check my picture library, which turned up empty. Stunned, I tried rebooting the phone and quickly after the Nokia logo I had a message saying something like "no bootable sector found". It seems the flash storage died somehow.
Since the phone is still under warranty, I've followed instructions from the Microsoft Mobile website and was redirected to the platform of one of their partners (no Microsoft store in Switzerland, sadly). I filled the form, describing the issue, and sent the phone as instructed, along with a copy of my store receipt.
It's been 3 weeks now and the service provider has done nothing. Because there is tiny scratch on the edge of the screen, they want to change it at my expense although this has obviously nothing to do with my issue. If I refuse they will return the phone to me un-repaired, and thus unusable.
I have no idea what else I can do. I've tried Lumia Help on Twitter, Microsoft store helpline (no support for phones!) and here I am, completely helpless.

I see now that buying hardware from a company without brick and mortar store close by is a very risky move...

Kind Regards,

Mathieu

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly what happened to my L1020 three months ago. Fortunately, it was covered by warranty and the service center repaired the phone, but it took them 90 days.

If you are able to contact them again, you may ask why they would charge you for the repair just because of a single scratch. If your phone hasn't been dropped and it is still covered by warranty, then there should be no reason for them not to repair it. Also, you could try informing them that this issue has been observed in other phones (such as mine).

Let us hope for the best.

Mr Kaja

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried re-flash rom? You should use Nokia Software Updater for Retail 4.3.2 (or WPRT, but I don't like it...it could kill your lumia)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb