Will there be a successor for Lumia 1020 ???

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'll stick to the Lumia 1020, and if there is no successor, I'll buy a Panasonic Lumix CM1. Funny, Lumix is quite similar to Lumia.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
It'd be a great shame if they don't

I wonder why Microsoft spend billions to buy Nokia and acquired all the technologies including that camera's hardware applications just to dump it into dustbin? Come on Microsoft... I know you are better than that.. I know you need a flagship camera with wow factors to penetrate high end phone market.

​^THIS

isaac lee ishida

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I hope soon we can get any new little solid rumors about Lumia 1020 successor. And really hope this Successor will produce by Microsoft in 2016, perhaps at MWC 2016. Of course at same time, Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge will show up, that will be interesting.

Miffywiffy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
They could be big LEDs

Judging from the circular ring and how big the phone would have to be to make it look that small.. I doubt it, they'll be normal sized that you find in any phone, they've just got three of them to improve tone.

It's a 940 if it is true, not a 1030.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Judging from the circular ring and how big the phone would have to be to make it look that small.. I doubt it, they'll be normal sized that you find in any phone, they've just got three of them to improve tone.

It's a 940 if it is true, not a 1030.

You can't judge size from any part of that blurry pic - there's literally nothing to give any indication/comparison/measure against. It could be 4 metres wide. Or 4 millimetres.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't judge size from any part of that blurry pic - there's literally nothing to give any indication/comparison/measure against. It could be 4 metres wide. Or 4 millimetres.

Maybe its going to be like that giant Surface or something they built a while back.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I think the new Lumia flagship (940 or 940 XL or whatever) will take great pictures at least as good as the 1020 if not better ones

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You might be right. But the point is that there's no real "king of imaging" successor coming. So anyone interested in such a device has, like me, moved on to other platforms. They've abandoned the only differentiator they had.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I think so. So sad because as awesome as the 1020 is, the speed of it's camera app is so slow compared to other phones that take faster pics that are decent in comparison.

azmin kamarudzaman

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Big smile as my lumia 1020 just come home from service center (Nokiacare) today. Nearly a month stranded there as spare parts are not easy to find. My wife told me just to let it go peacefully and buy a new one.. Spend nearly a hundred dollars. Looking back 2 years ago when I first bought this phone, it is a good smart phone and awesome camera. So many memories....

I still wonder why people at Microsoft didn't bought the idea of wonderful camera functions and concept introduced by Nokia. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It is feel like marrying a wrong woman. Sad...

photographerdan

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hrrm unfortunately there doesn't seem to be one in the future. My lumia 1020 still works beautifully though even with the latest windows 10 os update but as time goes on so does technology and eventually even a small sensor will surpass it in image quality.

How does the 950 compare? People seem to be gloating about the camera, some saying its better than the 1020?

I would say the Pansonic CM1 is the spiritual successor, it probably edges out the 1020 in image quality thanks to it's lens and newer backlit sensor.

After the Panasonic I would say the 23mp Sony Xperia Z5 would be next in line. Sony has been stuffing the same sensor that they use in their cybershot cameras in the xperia z series since about the z3 was released and the results have been pretty impressive despite the sensor being a bit smaller than the 1020's(but still bigger than the usual cellphone sensor as it's a full fledged digital camera unit) I'm willing to bet this phone would actually give the 1020 a good run.

Not sure I would recommend the LG G4 for image quality, I really don't feel it offers anything special imo. Focusing seems to be it's strongpoint but otherwise it's image quality is the same as the galaxy, Motorola etc. .It really isn't in the upper echelon of camera phones imo.

I'm vey apprehensive when it comes to android though. It has never felt polished and over time the user experience degrades, they're known for getting laggy and slowing down to a crawl with age. The only real solution is to do a clean factory reset and be very leery of which apps you download, have a memory cleaner app handy etc. . .I'd say IOS carries the polish and tight integration that you'll be familiar with and you'll be able to use it for years without any issues and they won't have any issues with certain apps acting weird because ios isn't fragmented like android. YMMV and if you're the type to get a new top-end phone every year then it may not matter.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte