Please help! Blurry pictures, no sharpness

Ltbozz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I'm Marc and come from the Netherlands,

I have a question. I recently bought a lumia 1020 coming from a note 4 ( to big for me and i wanted i windows phone ) but i wanted a mobile with a good cam. So i bought a lumia 1020, i must say i'm verrry dissapointed ! because pictures of the Note 4 are way more better ( Sharper ) the pics of the lumia are just blurry.not nice. Its just not sharp its diffficult to explain with my bad english. i added a sample, you see the play house little sharp and the rest blurry. Auto focus or manual doesnt matter.. makes no difference.

Hope you guys can give me tips to get nice pics. Also tips how i can take pictures of trees because all the pictures i take of trees are all blurry.
I shoot in auto and manuel (RAW and JPEG). Also i see verry little miner difference between the 5 and the 34 MP photo's.. Is my unit defectiv ?

Hope you can help... Thnx,

Marc

Attachments

• niet scherp.jpg
    niet scherp.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

Ltbozz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Here a resized picture taken by note 4, original was to big so made it smaller. But you see detail and sharpness in the image.

Attachments

• voorbeeld.jpg
    voorbeeld.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Don't rush the photo. Half push the button before taking the picture it helps focus or tap the focal point on screen. If using Auto. The 1020 has a terrible camera chip. Mine is bearable at times.

Ltbozz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for youre reply. I do see pictures that looks great. Also they say that the 1020 is better then the z2,z3. well i also owned a Z3 and the pics of the Z3 a by far better. I did tap screen for focus and also half pushed the button.
I hope its a software issue.

Ltvozz

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
For a strange reason i cant logg on with Ltbozz. But this is me. Laura thnx for the link but its not gonna help me. Pics look awful terrible not sharp and to blurry. I really starting to hate my lumia. Everything Nokia say about this camera is nog true. If You Google 1020 vs note 4 the 1020 wins but in real life ...the lumia doesnt even come close. My girlfriends galaxy s2 takes better pictures.. I am verry dissapointed and hope there is a sollution. If not this wil be my last Nokia.

Ltvozz

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Have You seen the picture above? The difference between note and Lumia ? You think its defective or is Lumia not so good as everybody say ? Or is it wrong to conpare This with note 4 ?

Ltbozz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Here 2 samples, i did my verry best to make this photos but still not pretty.

Attachments

• slecht 2.jpg
    slecht 2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • WP_20150604_12_49_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150604_12_49_24_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

Victor Mahov

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Is your 1020 second hand that you buy or brand new from the store? If it's brand new go to the store and talk to someone capable who can understand you, if it's second hand go to a service and ask them to open it and clean the lenses amd the protective glass of the camera. Maybe the previous owner has opened it for unknown reason and didn't cleaned it up or something like that. Just make sure that everything is clear and if it is try to make soft reset.

Ltbozz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
well did a soft reset, now i have a blue screen with a sad smiley face. i wont start anymore... damn the lumia really getting real tired of it.

Ltbozz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok, the blue screen with sad smiley error is gone by doing the hard reset the way it should be done, first i did it wrong. someone explained the wrong method. I am back on cyan now. first was denim, whatt you think update or not ?

Ltbozz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes you're right.

Somebody here that uses the camera allot who can tell me if this is just me or a problem with the phone ?

Victor Mahov

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
As I said, I believe that it's something with the camera. Have you checked if the lenses are dirty or something like that? A friend of mine bought a Samsung and the lenses were dirty from the inside so I guess it's something like that?

Ltbozz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
So if you look at the photo samples i posted, you also think its something with the camera ? maybe dirty lens.. So looking to the samples...its not me!...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's a couple things to remember with the L1020.

When taking high resolution photos the shutter is a bit slow so you need a steady hand and try not to be too impatient. The reason why the 5mp photos look better is because the shutter is quicker and better for 'quick snaps'. I don't recommend using the high resolution for taking 'quick snaps' your pictures will always turn out blurry. The L1020 has a slow camera overall and many people have complained since day one about this issue.

Next, if there is a software issue I would highly recommend using the Lumia Recovery Tool rather than hard reset. A hard reset doesn't necessarily fix issues 100%. If there is a bug due to an update it may still be on there.

Be sure to read thoroughly if you decide to use the recovery tool.

How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - UK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3