The 1020 supports it hardware wise, so why haven't Microsoft updated the firmware? I just want it for the Official Wireless Display Adapter, I can even mirror my screen in one app that hacked it, but only being able to do it in one app isn't good enough, I want to mirror my display no matter what I'm in.
    06-11-2015 03:34 PM
    It just hasn't been done, I don't know what else to say.

Ultimately, the feature has never been promised and I guess management thought it not-worth-it or something to spend the resources implementing etc.

Heck, maybe there's some random hardware shenanigans going on.
    06-11-2015 04:22 PM
    See this is why I love Android, if they haven't done it, someone does :\ My 1020 was actually faulty in the end, so I got a refund any ways, but frigging Microsoft need to get their arse in gear, I'm going back to Android when the new Nexus comes out.
    06-11-2015 07:21 PM
    See this is why I love Android, if they haven't done it, someone does :\ My 1020 was actually faulty in the end, so I got a refund any ways, but frigging Microsoft need to get their arse in gear, I'm going back to Android when the new Nexus comes out.
    It's one thing to dislike Microsoft for whatever your reasons are, but it's another to do so from a position of ignorance and make a post about it. The Samsung Ativ S Neo supports Miracast as well as the HTC One M8 for Windows. I've owned each one so I don't need a link or a spec sheet to know this. My BlackBerry Passport also does Miracast natively so Android is not the only game in town. Oh and by the way, Apple doesn't support Miracast on any of its desktop or mobile platforms.
    06-11-2015 08:09 PM
    It's one thing to dislike Microsoft for whatever your reasons are, but it's another to do so from a position of ignorance and make a post about it. The Samsung Ativ S Neo supports Miracast as well as the HTC One M8 for Windows. I've owned each one so I don't need a link or a spec sheet to know this. My BlackBerry Passport also does Miracast natively so Android is not the only game in town. Oh and by the way, Apple doesn't support Miracast on any of its desktop or mobile platforms.

My lumia 930 supports too :)
    06-12-2015 08:42 AM
    Yeh but Apple has Apple TV which works on any handset, no option for a phone from only 2013 that's still the camera flagship. Microsoft really need to let you root your phone so people can go in and make changes that they cannot be bothered to do.
    06-13-2015 11:16 AM