How can I stop Ghost Clicking/ Screen Jittering?

Crispy Bagel

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Ghost Clicking/ Screen Jittering

Ever since I got my 1020 a few weeks ago, there has been a problem where it will start ghost clicking/switching menus on its own. This can happen for several seconds or sometimes won't stop until you power the screen off. Sometimes it will get to the phone menu and call people on its own which is a big problem. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it and happens several times a day.

I bought the phone 'like new', so there is no warranty obviously. I don't think it had ever been used before however because there were zero marks/scratches and it was totally spotless when I received it, so it can't be misuse from the previous owner.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

I have a couple videos on Youtube showing the problem. Just don't have the post count yet.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm this is a very popular issue of users of the Nokia Lumia 1520, because the device being so large and thin allows it to slightly bend in peoples pockets causing the screen to go nuts, or a least that is what is the common said cause.

I'm not sure what would cause such a thing on other Lumias but I have recently seen quite a few people around here reporting these ghost taps" on other non 1520 devices, such as the 930...

Intiresting

Last edited:

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ghost Clicking/ Screen Jittering

Ever since I got my 1020 a few weeks ago, there has been a problem where it will start ghost clicking/switching menus on its own. This can happen for several seconds or sometimes won't stop until you power the screen off. Sometimes it will get to the phone menu and call people on its own which is a big problem. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it and happens several times a day.

I bought the phone 'like new', so there is no warranty obviously. I don't think it had ever been used before however because there were zero marks/scratches and it was totally spotless when I received it, so it can't be misuse from the previous owner.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

I have a couple videos on Youtube showing the problem. Just don't have the post count yet.

I'm having the same prob with my "like new" 920 I bought 2 weeks ago. It looked and acted like new until a few days after I got it.Then I had ghost inputs, sceen jitters, launching apps and it wouldn't respond to my taps

It lasted a day with a couple hiccups the next day or two, then it went away. It's been OK fo the last week. I susect a bad digitizer cable. I will take it back today for an exchange

​By the way, you can tell how many hours the phone has been used by dialig ##634# , mine said 194 hours and some change.

Crispy Bagel

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

Hmmm this is a depopulate issue for users of the Nokia Lumia 1520, because the device being so large and thin allows it to slightly bend in peoples pockets causing the screen to go nuts, or a least that is what is the common said cause.
I think you're right. It's probably some kind of hardware or physical issue, although in my case not from a bent screen. At least that's what I've gathered from other threads.

​By the way, you can tell how many hours the phone has been used by dialig ##634# , mine said 194 hours and some change.
Thanks for the tip. Looks like mine's only been used about 24 hours, which is probably about the amount of time I've used it, so it may just be a lemon from the get go.

I've also been thinking it could be the screen protector I installed. There's some dust that got trapped when I put it on. Always is no matter how careful I am. Maybe the screen is sensitive enough to register these sometimes?. Might be worth taking it off just to see

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm having the same prob with my "like new" 920 I bought 2 weeks ago. It looked and acted like new until a few days after I got it.Then I had ghost inputs, sceen jitters, launching apps and it wouldn't respond to my taps

It lasted a day with a couple hiccups the next day or two, then it went away. It's been OK fo the last week. I susect a bad digitizer cable. I will take it back today for an exchange

How did you know which digit was time hours or days?

Crispy Bagel

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I figured I would provide an update. I took off the screen protector and now it appears to have made it worse. The phone is pretty much unusable at times now. Like yesterday I could not for the life of me send out a simple text to someone. It would go crazy every time I tried to continue typing. Ended up just restarting the phone.

As of now I'm thinking I would probably need to replace the digitizer. I'm guessing this entails replacing the entire screen from what I've seen?

Before I do that I'm thinking that maybe I'll try installing Windows 8.0. Apparently some people have had some luck by going back to the old OS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon