So after much deliberation I got the update 2 without going to win10 TP as it is not that far away. ABout an hour ago I got a notification showing there is an update available!! Detailed info doesnt show much than the usual run of the mill. Anyone else got this update? what might it be?
    Should I go for this or avoid it? I dont want to get win 10 TP just yet!!

Cheers
    06-20-2015 06:42 AM
    So after much deliberation I got the update 2 without going to win10 TP as it is not that far away. ABout an hour ago I got a notification showing there is an update available!! Detailed info doesnt show much than the usual run of the mill. Anyone else got this update? what might it be?
    Should I go for this or avoid it? I dont want to get win 10 TP just yet!!

Cheers
    If you're not enrolled on Windows Insider program then you are receiving official 8.1 updates. Not unless you are enrolled then you are receiving preview builds. Try to unenroll and check for updates.
    Skamath likes this.
    06-20-2015 06:46 AM
    I just had Denim installed several weeks ago, and my 1020 has been running fine. I woke up to the update notice and went ahead and installed even though I haven't had the spontaneous reboot problem it's supposed to address. It downloaded and installed while I showered and I'm ready to go. I do only official installs and my WPs have always worked flawlessly; I have confidence that this one will also work fine.

BTW, I'm a very satisfied "outsider".
    Skamath likes this.
    06-20-2015 07:01 AM
    If you're not enrolled on Windows Insider program then you are receiving official 8.1 updates. Not unless you are enrolled then you are receiving preview builds. Try to unenroll and check for updates.
    I was in the insiders program to just get update 2 when the update was downloading I removed the insider app so I dont have insider app anymore but wasnt sure that just because you delete the app wether it means that the registration is removed as well.
    I just had Denim installed several weeks ago, and my 1020 has been running fine. I woke up to the update notice and went ahead and installed even though I haven't had the spontaneous reboot problem it's supposed to address. It downloaded and installed while I showered and I'm ready to go. I do only official installs and my WPs have always worked flawlessly; I have confidence that this one will also work fine.

BTW, I'm a very satisfied "outsider".
    As far as the update was concerned it was the update you are talking about. I thought to myself there is o point is selecting the "not now" button as it shows as a critical update which will install itself in 3 days regardless wether you want it or not.! I rather now because I have a day off tomorrow to revert back incase it was W10. Well everything is fine now :)
    BTW I'm a very satisifed outsider for the phone and elated insider for laptops
    06-20-2015 04:42 PM
    it's the "random reboots" fix, not Update 2
    06-21-2015 06:30 AM
    Is there any known way now to get Update 2 on a phone without an SD card? Such as 920, 1020?
    06-21-2015 12:28 PM
    I also got this update. Using 8.1 in L520. What was it.
    06-21-2015 12:48 PM
    Is there any known way now to get Update 2 on a phone without an SD card? Such as 920, 1020?
    There doesn't seem to be. Win 10 no longer needed Update 2 to install. I'm stuck on 8.1 Update on my 1020 with AT&T(errible).
    06-21-2015 01:07 PM
    There doesn't seem to be. Win 10 no longer needed Update 2 to install. I'm stuck on 8.1 Update on my 1020 with AT&T(errible).
    IMO the udpate2 did noting much in terms of performance on my 1020. battery drains a bit quicker now Damn!! other than the a few UI changes nothing much has changed. I think it was just to allow Win 10 to install but now even that is fixed. Dont worry guys you havent missed much.
    07-02-2015 03:17 PM
    IMO the udpate2 did noting much in terms of performance on my 1020. battery drains a bit quicker now Damn!! other than the a few UI changes nothing much has changed. I think it was just to allow Win 10 to install but now even that is fixed. Dont worry guys you havent missed much.
    Update 2 made a huge difference for my 635..
    07-02-2015 06:22 PM