I am getting some sort of reflection in my low light snaps with Lumia 1020. What could it be?

Aditya Palsule

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I am getting some sort of reflection in my low light snaps with Lumia 1020.

Hello all,

Whenever I try to take a picture in low light example of a candle or a bulb I see a dot in my field of view which moves as i move my phone. It becomes worse when I try to capture multiple lights say for example an array of LEDs. It is very irritating to find something like this on snaps taken by such a good camera phone. Please help me out in this and what can be done about it? As you can see in images attached just above the switch board on wall in 1st and 3rd image and on edge of cupboard in a close up shot in 2nd image.
WP_20150629_01_38_43_Pro.jpgWP_20150629_01_39_49_Pro.jpgWP_20150629_01_39_00_Pro.jpg

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: I am getting some sort of reflection in my low light snaps with Lumia 1020.

isn't that due to the light? try a picture of a different object

Aditya Palsule

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

hi, I know it is due to light but is it normal to have it in pic.? In this case i can't have a nice pic. of LED array as mentioned in Question .
So, do all 1020 face this problem while shooting a light/candle in low light background OR only am the one to face it?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

So, do all 1020 face this problem while shooting a light/candle in low light background OR only am the one to face it?

So far you're the only one, that's why it's best to make a few more pictures to compare and if it really still is there, you should consider bringing the phone back?

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site

Not sure if it's the same issue, but my 1020 is just terrible at capturing lights. There are always serious refraction going on. Oh well.

An example from last night:

http://1drv.ms/1CjoSJH

George Kyr

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Sorry for posting a maybe silly answer. Have you cleaned the lenses of the phone? Some dust on the sensor could be the cause of that. Since I do not believe dust has gone into the sensor encasing, try wiping clean the plastic lens cover with a soft cloth (as the one you would use for the screen) and see if it persists.

Aditya Palsule

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

Yup have tried cleaning the lens. Am sure that's not the issue. Anyways planning to take to service center would keep you all updated.

Aditya Palsule

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

hi, coolbreeze78
The issue you are facing is mostly due to uncleaned lens, when I faced same I cleaned lens with soft cloth and results were satisfactory.
Please try taking snaps as I have shown in example snaps and let me know it you face same issue.

Black3ternity

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

At OP:
This is the Lensflare which occurs due to light refracting through the six lenses inside your camera assembly.
It's nothing to worry about. You can circumvent that when taking a shot from a different angle. ;-)
If your lensflare or light is smudgy, you need to clean the outer lens with a soft cloth but other than that: It's working as expected :)

Kind regards,

Aditya Palsule

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

thanks a lot it relieved me a lot. Tomorrow I was planning to go to service center and actually didn't wanted to operate my baby.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Hello all,

Whenever I try to take a picture in low light example of a candle or a bulb I see a dot in my field of view which moves as i move my phone. It becomes worse when I try to capture multiple lights say for example an array of LEDs. It is very irritating to find something like this on snaps taken by such a good camera phone. Please help me out in this and what can be done about it? As you can see in images attached just above the switch board on wall in 1st and 3rd image and on edge of cupboard in a close up shot in 2nd image.
View attachment 107316View attachment 107317View attachment 107318

Get this as well it will help http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer-Univ...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3152569

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750