Can I get some help with my Bluetooth LE?

awkins

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
bluetoth LE

Hi All

As a long time devotee of all things Nokia (and now of course Lumia), I am saddened by
the lack of support for low energy bluetooth.
I am running a 1020 on windows 8.1 with Denim, but pairing with a device like fitbit is
a non starter. This is especially annoying as fitbit quote compatibility with the 1020.

I've asked on fitbit forums for an answer but got none. I even asked if there was anyone
out there syncing a lumia 1020 with a fitbit device. Deafening silence.....

So I thought I better come to the experts! Can anybody put me out of my misery?
Even a definitive 'no chance' would prevent me wasting any more time trying to make
it work.

Many thanks

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: bluetoth LE

Windows Phone 8.1 supports LE. Kind of. Clearly its flaky on some phones. Including my 830. Worthless. But is there and should work. My 635 was much better.

The Fitbit developer here has been working with Microsoft to try and improve things but I got the impression that wait is the solution. I'm sure for companies like them, this is frustrating as it looks bad on them.

Rumor has it that Bluetooth is entirely reengineered beneath the scenes in WM10. Hopefully it will finally give WM10 a reliable Bluetooth stack, although from something I read some of it depends on the chipsets supporting some features. Time will tell...

awkins

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: bluetoth LE

Thanks very much for prompt and informative reply. At least I know I've tried everything I can.
Bring on Windows 10!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077