Is 1020 still a good buy?

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
The phone is great but its pretty niche, while the quality of the photos is great the camera is really slow and that can be annoying, I got one on amazon used for 150 about 4 months ago, I used it for about 3 months and just went with a 640 as a daily driver.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Bought one of the unlocked AT&T used phones from Expansys a few weeks ago.
The 1020 is a jewel and I'm glad I got one finally.
This phones photographic abilities are unbelievable in my opinion.
Best $129.00 I've ever spent on tech!

Still waiting for someone to beat the camera on the Lumia 1020...

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I think the Expansys you are pertaining to only caters US clients. There are no such phones (1020, even a 1520) in the international site.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ah I understand...
You never specified what region you were in.
Apologies...I withdraw my earlier attempt to help.

Ygglens

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
If you only want it for the camera, and can put upp with a camera that is really slow compared to other phones, then it will be a good buy for you.

However, newer Lumia-models have pretty good cameras aswell. The pictures they produce are awesome, and are taken instantly. On the Lumia 1020 you have to wait for a second while the prosessor thinks, and that can really screw with thous "in the moment" pictures.

I love my 1020, and do not want to downgrade my camera, but the phones prosessor is old, and it really shows, even compared the the cheaper new windows phones, like the 640.

If I were you, I'd get one of the new flagship lumias. They have awesome 20 megapixel cameras, that shoot instantly... It's a good tradeoff compared to the slower 40 megapixel camera on the 1020, and unless you, for some odd reason, want to do professional photografy with your phone, you really wont ever need the megapixels of the 1020, in my opinion.

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
If you only want it for the camera, and can put upp with a camera that is really slow compared to other phones, then it will be a good buy for you.

However, newer Lumia-models have pretty good cameras aswell. The pictures they produce are awesome, and are taken instantly. On the Lumia 1020 you have to wait for a second while the prosessor thinks, and that can really screw with thous "in the moment" pictures.

I love my 1020, and do not want to downgrade my camera, but the phones prosessor is old, and it really shows, even compared the the cheaper new windows phones, like the 640.

If I were you, I'd get one of the new flagship lumias. They have awesome 20 megapixel cameras, that shoot instantly... It's a good tradeoff compared to the slower 40 megapixel camera on the 1020, and unless you, for some odd reason, want to do professional photografy with your phone, you really wont ever need the megapixels of the 1020, in my opinion.

Thanks. I'll take that into consideration.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Spot on.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Currently using a 1020 still a great phone. Not very interested in another device. But I love taking pics! If you don't mind a second hand device you can get one from ebay almost next to nothing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss