The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I went back from windows 10, not because it was not running well, it was running great and i loved it, i went back because the lack of support for Lumia 1020... like i could not get Lumia camera back or anything so i went back to 8.1 :)
    08-21-2015 09:53 PM
    Same here....im on 640 and I LOVE the design of windows phone 10 however some apps where not opening and there was some annoying bug where the phone would lag....i just got tired of it so went back
    Geo Hutchings likes this.
    08-22-2015 10:09 PM
    I couldn't even get the latest build of WP10 on my 640XL so I am back on WP8.1 too.
    08-22-2015 10:11 PM
    yep, no love for the 1020 in W10. I don't know if we will even get downsampling and RAW support back
    08-25-2015 01:23 AM
    Guys, try a hard reset after upgrading to 10512. It solves most issues.
    08-25-2015 03:00 AM
    Guys, try a hard reset after upgrading to 10512. It solves most issues.
    "downsampling and RAW support back" won't fix this lol
    theefman likes this.
    08-26-2015 01:35 AM
    I couldn't even get the latest build of WP10 on my 640XL so I am back on WP8.1 too.
    8.1 just works and the has better apps
    08-26-2015 01:36 AM
    This isn't exactly accurate. As I've pointed out in a few other threads some models of the 1020 (specifically AT&T apparently) will actually get "downsampling and RAW support back" once you do a hard reset and choose to start fresh (no restore).

Plus Windows 10 Mobile is a technical preview, I think preview is the key word there.... oh and technical too. In other words it's not supposed to be used for a daily driver. The work on it is ongoing and they are slowly adding things to Windows Camera. So just wait until it releases before you write it off. Yes, WP8.1 does just work, but honestly I've tried to go back and I can't do it. WP8.1 looks ugly to me now after being on 10 since it first went into Alpha.
    08-28-2015 12:40 PM
    This isn't exactly accurate. As I've pointed out in a few other threads some models of the 1020 (specifically AT&T apparently) will actually get "downsampling and RAW support back" once you do a hard reset and choose to start fresh (no restore).

Plus Windows 10 Mobile is a technical preview, I think preview is the key word there.... oh and technical too. In other words it's not supposed to be used for a daily driver. The work on it is ongoing and they are slowly adding things to Windows Camera. So just wait until it releases before you write it off. Yes, WP8.1 does just work, but honestly I've tried to go back and I can't do it. WP8.1 looks ugly to me now after being on 10 since it first went into Alpha.
    This is precisely why I hate public beta progs. The incessant whining over bugs... its beta!!! If you go back to 8.1, IMO, you shouldnt be allowed back on beta. You are obviously doing it just to tell people you have an OS not yet released. Your complaints do nothing to better WP 10.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 08-29-2015 at 05:29 PM.
    08-29-2015 07:46 AM
    This is precisely why I hate public beta progs. The incessant whining over bugs... its beta!!! If you go back to 8.1, IMO, you shouldnt be allowed back on beta. You are obviously doing it just to tell people you have an OS not yet released. Your complaints do nothing to better WP 10.

And you're complaining about someone complaining. Interesting.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 08-29-2015 at 05:30 PM.
    08-29-2015 08:54 AM
    My complaint, and a legitimate one based on the reaction to these repetitive posts, is someone who isnt a developer COMPLAINING ABOUT A DEVELOPER PREVIEW AND ITS BUGS. The only thing interesting is that they arent filtered. If you want the finished product, wait. But I forget, this is the internet and everyone is special and has the right to complain. IMO, I'm a dev and I dont want the general public using my preview. OR, heaven forbid, MS be selective about who can get it if they arent a dev. How about if you want the dev preview, you have to present bi-weekly reports to MS. If you dont, your phone is frozen. The finished product isnt helped AT ALL by someone who goes back to 8.1 and doesnt have a legitimate reason to.
    08-29-2015 03:51 PM
    My complaint, and a legitimate one based on the reaction to these repetitive posts, is someone who isnt a developer COMPLAINING ABOUT A DEVELOPER PREVIEW AND ITS BUGS. The only thing interesting is that they arent filtered. If you want the finished product, wait. But I forget, this is the internet and everyone is special and has the right to complain. IMO, I'm a dev and I dont want the general public using my preview. OR, heaven forbid, MS be selective about who can get it if they arent a dev. How about if you want the dev preview, you have to present bi-weekly reports to MS. If you dont, your phone is frozen. The finished product isnt helped AT ALL by someone who goes back to 8.1 and doesnt have a legitimate reason to.
    I am not complaining about bugs? I am complaining about lack of support... why do they need to get rid of Lumina camera classic so early... etc etc I love windows 10 design wish but limited in so many other places, and this is so people don't update to the beta, if they want such things on their windows 10, and of course your meant the complain about bugs XD lol that's how they get found and fixed
    08-29-2015 04:52 PM
    . But I forget, this is the internet and everyone is . The finished product isnt helped AT ALL by someone who goes back to 8.1 and doesnt have a legitimate reason to.
    That's not your right to dictate who has a legitimate reasons to go back to 8.1 or not. You do realize how arrogant you sound, right?
    08-29-2015 05:18 PM
    Its not arrogance. The developer preview is supposed to be tested. The final product isnt helped by someone jumping ship because a few apps arent supported. Its a camera app.... if its that big of an issue, obviously the person updated just to update without having a legitimate reason to. Its still WAY to early for the general public to have this. It happened with 8.1 as well, the same type of posts. I just dont understand why this is such a hard concept for those that arent devs to grasp. Lumia camera app has been proven to still exist with a specifc process to update. Its NOT going anywhere. My 1020 still has it and heres a shocker, im not running 10 on my daily driver. Devs typically have 2 phones, one for daily and one for testing. My last post about this.... If you arent a dev, nor report bugs to MS, get off the dev preview and stop complaining about the lack of "finish" on a BETA. MS isnt going to look here for bugs, report them to MS.
    08-30-2015 10:19 AM
    Its not arrogance. The developer preview is supposed to be tested. The final product isnt helped by someone jumping ship because a few apps arent supported. Its a camera app.... if its that big of an issue, obviously the person updated just to update without having a legitimate reason to. Its still WAY to early for the general public to have this. It happened with 8.1 as well, the same type of posts. I just dont understand why this is such a hard concept for those that arent devs to grasp. Lumia camera app has been proven to still exist with a specifc process to update. Its NOT going anywhere. My 1020 still has it and heres a shocker, im not running 10 on my daily driver. Devs typically have 2 phones, one for daily and one for testing. My last post about this.... If you arent a dev, nor report bugs to MS, get off the dev preview and stop complaining about the lack of "finish" on a BETA. MS isnt going to look here for bugs, report them to MS.
    i went to windows 10 for speed, which i did get, it was faster then window 8.1, now i gave the windows 10 camera a month, it was good, but not as good as Lumia classic, but at no one point have i said it was never going to good, i will upgrade again once next big update comes, FYI where did i say this was my daily driver... this is my camera phone, with a crack screen, i use a Lumia 925 as my daily driver, a 930 before that but the 930 was to big and bulky for my liking, Again i am not complaining, i am stating what i found..., i at no one point say its crap or **** or whatever, i just stated what i found, complaining about something is when you are annoyed by it, i am not annoyed by it, its just windows 10 (Lumia camera 5 should i say) right now has a lack of support for Lumia 1020, which is odd in my opinion, because if i was the team leader for Lumia camera i would be making sure it work for Lumia 1020 has its the heart of windows phones
    08-31-2015 08:06 PM