What are some good 1020 cases without magnetic tabs?

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Good 1020 cases without magnetic tabs

Hi all,

My current 1020 case is on it's last legs so I'm looking for a new one. I like having covers/flaps so the screen is protected, but I noticed they all have magnetic tabs and I read that this is one of the things that can stop the compass/maps working effectively. I have had it plenty of times in the past where I have to take the phone out of the case to get it to calibrate and it's a pain in the backside.

So - are there any cases with a flap/cover that don't use magnets at all??

Thanks in advance...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I don't think I've found a flip case for the L1020 that doesn't have a magnetic lock - otherwise I already would have it for my L1020. Hence, I've resorted to generic leather pouches for my L1020. They may not be tailor-made for the L1020 and I would have to take my phone out of the case before being able to use it, but at least there's no magnetic interference.

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
That's what i figured to be honest, cheers for replying. I've gone for a leather one with magnetic tab in the hope it won't fray as quickly as my fabric one did, but I'll just put up with the magnet. I flip my phone out so much not sure I could handle a pouch!

threezit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Good 1020 cases without magnetic tabs

I bought a boxwave leather wallet case on Amazon. It's actually pretty nice, No magnetic clip. Has 3 card slots. Only thing I don't like about it is that they use leather to make the card slots. That causes the screen to get leather oil smudged on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers