Internet sharing and firmware history.

shaddup

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
What firmware broke internet sharing and what was the last firmware that had internet sharing working easily?

Internet sharing was working a long time ago on my 1020, but there was an update that broke it for just about everyone who did not have it on their plan. I tried everything (including win 10) and nothing worked. I downgraded to the oldest firmware and now it's working. I want to upgrade it to the last known good firmware, but I can't find any version numbers. Does anyone have a firmware history?

Thanks

yipsan

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
8.1 black, then use developer preview to get most of cyan should be the latest that works. Still need to use a foreign sim trick though. This works on my unlocked att 1020. Hope this helps.

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
On T-Mobile I've been having trouble with Internet sharing on 8.1. 10 didn't work initially for me either, but after doing a factory reset it's been working on 10.

With AT&T I've never had any problems with internet sharing on my 1020, at least with 8.0 and 8.1.

My 1020 is the AT&T branded version, but I eventually got it unlocked by AT&T and am using it on T-Mobile. As far as I know I've been using the latest firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos