Lumia Camera 5

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a 1020 personally, but my dad and step-mom both carry this phone, which they chose for the camera 2 years ago. They received the "Denim" update a few months ago, and while I'm aware that the hardware is not fully able to take advantage of the camera improvements included in the firmware update, I was wondering if it was supposed to allow them access to the Lumia Camera 5 app instead of just the Lumia Camera Classic app (version 4.x something).

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
you will get it with Windows 10. but be aware that not all 1020 features (will) work with W10 (e.g. downsampling and RAW).
so either you choose a crippled Lumia Camera 5 (or in W10 just "Windows Camera"), or you choose "good ole Lumia Camera 4"

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a 1020 personally, but my dad and step-mom both carry this phone, which they chose for the camera 2 years ago. They received the "Denim" update a few months ago, and while I'm aware that the hardware is not fully able to take advantage of the camera improvements included in the firmware update, I was wondering if it was supposed to allow them access to the Lumia Camera 5 app instead of just the Lumia Camera Classic app (version 4.x something).

In short, no. I've been on Windows 10 and the camera app lacks all the key features of Lumia Camera 5. Besides, the 1020 is getting a little long in the tooth and the S4 processor ain't helping in terms of raw processing power, meaning it can't do HDR and 4K video recording.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos