Did anyone know this about Lumia Camera app??

senrabwh

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
On my 1020 with the Lumia Camera App, I can hold down the virtual camera button and keep it depressed.... The camera focuses and such.... Then, when I see my 13 month old look cute, I can release the button and the camera fires immediately getting the shot! Anyone know you could do this? I just figured it out, ha ha....??

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yup, it's been like that ever since - it's the same with the physical shutter button. :smile:

Technically, it's really not "immediately" since there still is around 0.2 seconds of lag.

How's your Lumia 1020 doing after 13 months?

senrabwh

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yup, it's been like that ever since - it's the same with the physical shutter button. :smile:

Technically, it's really not "immediately" since there still is around 0.2 seconds of lag.

How's your Lumia 1020 doing after 13 months?
It is iincredible! I take so many pictures with it since I have a 13 month old! The xenon flash is key for me. My baby I always moving so it is a necessity for getting a blur free shot! Wish MSFT would make an updated version!!!! Cheers

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It is iincredible! I take so many pictures with it since I have a 13 month old! The xenon flash is key for me. My baby I always moving so it is a necessity for getting a blur free shot! Wish MSFT would make an updated version!!!! Cheers

Indeed, I've used the Xenon flash with a slave trigger for professional flash units, but the pre-flash limits the flexibility - the slave works if the shutter speed in the L1020 is 1/6 sec or longer, enough time for the pro flash unit to fire twice.

Yeah, I'm with you. Canon recently made a prototype with 250 megapixels; who knows what'll come soon. :wink:

senrabwh

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Indeed, I've used the Xenon flash with a slave trigger for professional flash units, but the pre-flash limits the flexibility - the slave works if the shutter speed in the L1020 is 1/6 sec or longer, enough time for the pro flash unit to fire twice.

Yeah, I'm with you. Canon recently made a prototype with 250 megapixels; who knows what'll come soon. :wink:

Man oh man, if only!! Ill buy two, one for me and one for my wife!! I like the looks of the 950xl, but I'm not sure the triple LED will give me what I need as far as the blur free ****s when my son is on the move! Im waiting....

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Man oh man, if only!! Ill buy two, one for me and one for my wife!! I like the looks of the 950xl, but I'm not sure the triple LED will give me what I need as far as the blur free ****s when my son is on the move! Im waiting....

LED "flash" isn't really a "flash" since the pulse of light LEDs generate is simply not as short nor as bright as a real (Xenon) flash. So, you may still experience blurs, more than what Xenon flashes can limit at least. Having three LEDs with different "color temperatures" only improves the quality (color balance, depth, contrast, etc.) of the photo, but really not on eliminating blurs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte