I have a somewhat unique situation coming up and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution. I am going to be traveling and will be without data / internet access or wifi for extended periods. I want to take my 1020 with me to take tons of pics but it is certain that I will run out of space on it eventually. I want to be able to move photos off of the phone quickly and easily without Data / Internet or a PC. I tried a regular USB thumb drive on an OTG cable but it did not work so I was looking at the Sandisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive but I cannot find anything about if it will work or not with windows phone (8 or 10). Does anyone know if this solution or any other solution will work for my needs?

Thank you in advance!!
    Uproden.
    10-12-2015 10:57 AM
    the only options I am aware of:

1. Connect to a PC, tablet or something that can deal with the phone.
    - USB drives just won't cut it.

2. Internet connection

Now there may be really hacky awkward workarounds but I'm not sure of the value of such thinking.

If I were in your position, I'd temporarily delete big files and such to free up as much as I can.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-12-2015 11:02 AM
    I think I am going to have to go for a hacky akward workaround if you are aware of any please let me know.

I have removed EVERYTHING off the phone and I'm at 26GB free now which is probably not going to make it through a full day of shooting.

I even tried a USB thumb drive with an OTG cable on WP 8.1 and WP10 and no go, was not recognized.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    10-14-2015 02:03 PM
    I think I am going to have to go for a hacky akward workaround if you are aware of any please let me know.

I have removed EVERYTHING off the phone and I'm at 26GB free now which is probably not going to make it through a full day of shooting.

I even tried a USB thumb drive with an OTG cable on WP 8.1 and WP10 and no go, was not recognized.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Windows Phone does not currently support USB OTG.
    10-14-2015 02:41 PM
    Hi, when say you'll fill your storage with one day of shooting, how is that possible? I also have a lumia 1020 and I could probably take at most 500 photos using a full battery charge and a small power bank.

Or are you taking in DNG format?
    10-15-2015 02:46 AM
    I have a somewhat unique situation coming up and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution. I am going to be traveling and will be without data / internet access or wifi for extended periods. I want to take my 1020 with me to take tons of pics but it is certain that I will run out of space on it eventually. I want to be able to move photos off of the phone quickly and easily without Data / Internet or a PC. I tried a regular USB thumb drive on an OTG cable but it did not work so I was looking at the Sandisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive but I cannot find anything about if it will work or not with windows phone (8 or 10). Does anyone know if this solution or any other solution will work for my needs?

Thank you in advance!!
    Uproden.
    One suggestion would be getting a small laptop, like a 10 inch thing and using it to store your photos as your memory gets full. Something that isn't expensive but has enough storage or you can connect an external hard disk to. Carry it along, I doubt you'll feel the difference in weight.

Option two is scout the places you're visiting. If it is another country and you're passing through towns, they might have cyber cafes where you offload your pictures to an external hard disk or flash drive

Third option is to review your photos regularly and get rid of the ones you don't need. If you're taking DNG, maybe consider taking normal jpeg for ordinary shots and DNG for the special ones. Remove DNG/high res once you've processed them
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-2015 02:52 AM
    I know you said you don't want a PC, but for <$100 you could get a 7" or 8" Windows tablet and some micro SD cards or thumb drives. That would also give you a way to make backup copies of all those photos, and do some review without killing your battery.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    11-04-2015 07:08 PM