Why is my battery draining so fast?

mazdaj

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Help

My Nokia 1020 has just done an update and now the battery which lasted up to three days no matter what is going flat in a few hours and it seems to be internet explorer, but how can i get rid of it, I don't use explorer anyway I google..

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help

Internet explorer is baked into the O/S so you can't get rid of it however you can stop it from running in the background (well somewhat).

Presuming you're on WP8.1 go to Settings -> Battery Saver -> Usage -> Scroll Down to Internet Explorer -> Turn off "allow app to run in the background" as it's usually on by default.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

3 days?! blimey heck! 3 days! Mine be lucky to last a day even with battery saver on! You on 4g by any chance? Did you update to windows 10 or something? I didn't know that there is a chrome for mobile, but I do know that chrome for window 8.1 is a battery hog.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

My Nokia 1020 has just done an update and now the battery which lasted up to three days no matter what is going flat in a few hours and it seems to be internet explorer, but how can i get rid of it, I don't use explorer anyway I google..

How have you been able to push the battery for 3 days? I think this is something we would all like to know and learn (Lumia 1020 users)

thank you

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

IE absolutley borks my battery, I get about 1?hrs if I'm using it, it's pretty unstable these days and runs warm. I'm still on 8.1, but wondered if getting on the preview would improve matters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3