Is WM10 ready for use on the L1020?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Lumia Camera is now WINDOWS CAMERA in W10M. Search that...

Also, about the apps errors...Have you done a HARD RESET after the Update? Hold VOL DOWN + POWER until you feel a vibration. May take 30-45 sec....

That's soft reset, and it takes about 10secs.
You can perform hard reset by going to settings, about, reset your phone. Note that all of your content will be lost (including SD card if you choose so).

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Im having two problems....on the latest build.
1. Glance screen isn't working even though it says its installed and it wont update in the store.
2. Languages/speech isn't downloading.
Apart from that all is well. One previous poster stated that lumia camera is windows camera. I don't think they are one and the same. I stand corrected.

Aziz Yankee

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Have you done a HARD RESET after the Update?
Yes, have done both Hard and Soft Reset. Didn't help, still having issues with some native system apps.

You are not referring to the built-in Camera, are you? As that app is a copy of Nokia/Lumia Camera and RAW function is missing :(

Im having two problems....on the latest build.
1. Glance screen isn't working even though it says its installed and it wont update in the store.
2. Languages/speech isn't downloading.
Apart from that all is well. One previous poster stated that lumia camera is windows camera. I don't think they are one and the same. I stand corrected.

Having same issues as well! No Glance screen (can't update the app as well despite still showing up on Win Store) and Language packs aren't downloading.

PS. Recovered phone using Recovery Tool as battery didn't charge from 40% during the upgrade process from WP8.1 GDR2 to WinMobile 10.10161. Therefore updated to WinMobile 10.10581 from Win8.1 GDR1 Lumia Cyan - maybe that's why some native apps aren't being downloaded?

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes, have done both Hard and Soft Reset. Didn't help, still having issues with some native system apps.

You are not referring to the built-in Camera, are you? As that app is a copy of Nokia/Lumia Camera and RAW function is missing :(

Having same issues as well! No Glance screen (can't update the app as well despite still showing up on Win Store) and Language packs aren't downloading.

PS. Recovered phone using Recovery Tool as battery didn't charge from 40% during the upgrade process from WP8.1 GDR2 to WinMobile 10.10161. Therefore updated to WinMobile 10.10581 from Win8.1 GDR1 Lumia Cyan - maybe that's why some native apps aren't being downloaded?

I don't think that's the reason. I've done the hard reset, which is practicly like a fresh installment, after i upgraded to win10 so i don't think it has anything to do from where have you upgraded.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I usually tell people to use the windows device recovery tool, go back to 8.1 then:
download all language packs you need and keyboards
install Lumia camera, glance, windows insider...(and ringtone maker (optional if you want ringtones)) don't install anything else
update all apps
just in case place the ringtones you made onto your pc in a safe place (optional..if you have ringtones)
backup that 8.1 settings keyboards, languages apps etc.
update to latest build
see if everything works first...give it a few hours...
any glitches hard reset and restore settings etc from that 8.1 backup
everything should work!
update to latest build

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
By the way, if it hasn't been mentioned yet, the new Windows Camera now allows the user to change the zoom level, exposure value and white balance while recording a video.

francis zver

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
For those having issues with updating from the store, and getting native apps resolved. I had this problem with some earlier builds back in May-June.

Apparently my problem was that my phone has gone out of sync. Double check your region settings, and double check your time and date on the phone. After you set it to the correct region and time, reboot the phone, then it should hopefully sync up with the store correctly,and apply the app updates correctly. of course YMMV :)

francis zver

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Went to the Phone Store, clicked to look at my download apps, the Lumia Camera App returns "Error code 0x803F8006" so i looked at a workaround.

Found this on pastebin, i'll give it a shot tonight: THey wont let me paste links here yet, sorry.

pastebin DOT com/raw DOT php?i=umZ64zCq
One fix for 0x803F8006 errors in Windows 10 Mobile Store update on Lumia devices

1) This involves using Fiddler and FiddlerScript so download both from getfiddler DOT com and telerik fiddler script editor
2) Install and open Fiddler then install the FiddlerScript Editor,
3) find the rest of the article... sorry i cannot post more of the steps, but basically its' straight forward.

Uses your computer as a mediator.

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

You sure? Can you take 41 MP pictures with it?
I did a hard rest and can't reinstall Lumia camera, the stock camera app from win 10 is pure **** when you use it with the 1020.

EDIT: I'm trying a hard reset with restore to see if i can get Lumia Camera back. I hope so. If not i'm reverting back to 8.1 and back to 10. Wich is a long process, but not having good camera app on 1020 is just plain stupid.

coolibop

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Been using 10586.11 on my unlocked AT&T 1020 for the past 4 days as my daily phone and I was really impressed (this is my first look at w10 mobile). All seems to work well, except the battery life. I even got around the dreaded mobile hotspot issue with AT&T 1020's on non-AT&T carriers. I just replaced the battery, so I am not certain w10 is the issue.

Do others have battery drain issues (esp when browsing a lot over data)? As drain the battery to around 40% (about 1.5 hrs of web browsing), the drain increases exponentially: It drains from 40 to less than 10 in less than a half hour.

francis zver

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
You sure? Can you take 41 MP pictures with it?
I did a hard rest and can't reinstall Lumia camera, the stock camera app from win 10 is pure **** when you use it with the 1020.

EDIT: I'm trying a hard reset with restore to see if i can get Lumia Camera back. I hope so. If not i'm reverting back to 8.1 and back to 10. Wich is a long process, but not having good camera app on 1020 is just plain stupid.

The 1020 never took 41MP photos, it took 2 photos (a 5MP and a 36/34MP) depending on your settings.
The new Windows Camera app takes 34MP photos, and no 5MP photos. I've been using it for bout a week now ever since they added the "PRO" features, and it's been pretty good. I dont miss the Lumia Camera App anymore. My pictures have the dimensions of 7712x4352.

francis zver

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Been using 10586.11 on my unlocked AT&T 1020 for the past 4 days as my daily phone and I was really impressed (this is my first look at w10 mobile). All seems to work well, except the battery life. I even got around the dreaded mobile hotspot issue with AT&T 1020's on non-AT&T carriers. I just replaced the battery, so I am not certain w10 is the issue.

Do others have battery drain issues (esp when browsing a lot over data)? As drain the battery to around 40% (about 1.5 hrs of web browsing), the drain increases exponentially: It drains from 40 to less than 10 in less than a half hour.

I've been getting the battery drain recently, not sure what the cause is. I'm also double checking to see how often my email is pulling, and what apps can work in the background.
When the 1020 was originally released, the reviews all said horrible battery life, but then "SUDDENLY" the batter life was better. Microsoft built in a 2-week reset where, if you havent opened the app in 2 weeks, it prevented the app from working in the background (draining battery).
Before, you could manually tweak these settings, I'll try to find them out now.

francis zver

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
So battery life has been getting worse now for me too. Usage shows a lot of system stuff draining battery. So not sure what's up. Though is the Model in device information supposed to be saying Nokia 909?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
My battery drains from 100% to critical in about 2-3 hours. The Battery Saver section says it's messaging that's the problem, even if I sign out of Skype. It also shows it to be while it is 'in use', not background, which is weird because it'll happen when I have the phone in my pocket with the screen off.

Strangely, my 920 doesn't have this issue at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos