Is WM10 ready for use on the L1020?

francis zver

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Anyone on the 10586.29 now with the 1020? hows it working?

I've been using it for a bit. It's smooth, and I've had to only do a hard reset once. Though, I dont know what they did, but it's really killing my battery. I'm trying out a few things to see if I can reduce the battery drain, but no luck so far. I've kept it in the camera case for the time being to give me enough juice to last more than 24 hours, but without the case, a full charge gives me only 18 hours of standby.

I'm on the fast track, so hopefully i get a better build soon. I'll keep this thread updated with my findings.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, my battery continues to just get absolutely destroyed. I was hoping the device would settle in after a while, but nothing seems to be changing on that front.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
i'm running 10586.29 and my battery is on par with WP8.1.
It's definitely OK to be used as a daily driver but there are some minor annoyances:
  • Opening apps is not as fast as on WP 8.1
  • Edge does not always register when I tap on a link (and so it refuses to open the link)
  • Settings app STILL crashes when I want to change my quick actions for the notification center (the bug is there since the last three builds or so)

Jim Bob4

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My rule is: If it's not broke, don't fix it. Based upon the comments here, I am sticking to W8.1. I have no issues with 8.1

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Is the hotspot issue fixed? Specifically, it's when the hotspot will cut out when the lockscreen appears.

As I remember last time I tried W10 Preview on my 1020 that was the one big issue I kept running into.

francis zver

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Is the hotspot issue fixed? Specifically, it's when the hotspot will cut out when the lockscreen appears.

As I remember last time I tried W10 Preview on my 1020 that was the one big issue I kept running into.

I've been using the hotspot on my 1020 to share traffic with my Samsung tablet, with the lock screen up. :)

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The 1020 never took 41MP photos, it took 2 photos (a 5MP and a 36/34MP) depending on your settings.
The new Windows Camera app takes 34MP photos, and no 5MP photos. I've been using it for bout a week now ever since they added the "PRO" features, and it's been pretty good. I dont miss the Lumia Camera App anymore. My pictures have the dimensions of 7712x4352.

windows camera is ****, it cant uses the flash correctly and has no raw support

francis zver

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
windows camera is ****, it cant uses the flash correctly and has no raw support

So...... you didnt negate what I said, you just decided to stomp on what i said. I didnt say that it had raw support, did i? I just told you the facts of my experience, basically the resolutions of the photos this app took.

Please leave this group, and dont flood the updates of this thread with your negativity.

But I will give you credit for pointing out that it currently doesnt have raw support.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So...... you didnt negate what I said, you just decided to stomp on what i said. I didnt say that it had raw support, did i? I just told you the facts of my experience, basically the resolutions of the photos this app took.

Please leave this group, and dont flood the updates of this thread with your negativity.

But I will give you credit for pointing out that it currently doesnt have raw support.

Okay fair I did come of sharp, but the fact still remains that the windows camera is not up to scratch, why do you think they still have Lumia camera 5 for newer Lumia's, 1020 should get Lumia camera 5 as well

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Never had an issue with using JPEGS for the past 15 years! I don't rely on RAW files to make sure my photos are properly exposed. I use the actual camera for that. PP is only used if I want to crop, add filters etc. Besides that, I adjust the camera, not the photo!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
As lumia 1020 users, I still think wm10 isn't optimised for our phones battery wise. My battery dropped from 45% to 25% in 18 minutes while checking emails, 6tag, app updates and whatsapp. I didn't upload, only 3 emails came in, 2 app updates and scrolled through a few dozen photos. This was on wifi. Same situation on cellular. Very fast battery drain

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the hotspot on my 1020 to share traffic with my Samsung tablet, with the lock screen up. :)

Still having problems... Hotspot cuts out as soon as the phone locks / screen goes off.

Not sure why I'd experience different behavior than you, but starting clean from a hard reset didn't help.

I tested doing an endless ping to google.com on my laptop and as soon as I turn off the screen it looses connection to the internet. Same as the last few builds I've tried.

Disappointing, as everything else I've tried so far looks like it's working well, except that the Store app was crashing on me occasionally, but I can live with that. The performance seems to be consistently good. Finally the Lumia camera is back as well.

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Having RAW images may not always be needed, but if you can afford the space it's always nice to have. Ideally you get the image right in-camera, but the extra flexibility when editing afterwards can be really nice if you need it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire