06-26-2016 05:52 AM
330 12345 ...
tools
    The 1020 never took 41MP photos, it took 2 photos (a 5MP and a 36/34MP) depending on your settings.
    The new Windows Camera app takes 34MP photos, and no 5MP photos. I've been using it for bout a week now ever since they added the "PRO" features, and it's been pretty good. I dont miss the Lumia Camera App anymore. My pictures have the dimensions of 7712x4352.
    windows camera is ****, it cant uses the flash correctly and has no raw support
    12-13-2015 09:54 PM
    windows camera is ****, it cant uses the flash correctly and has no raw support
    So...... you didnt negate what I said, you just decided to stomp on what i said. I didnt say that it had raw support, did i? I just told you the facts of my experience, basically the resolutions of the photos this app took.

Please leave this group, and dont flood the updates of this thread with your negativity.

But I will give you credit for pointing out that it currently doesnt have raw support.
    12-14-2015 09:59 AM
    That's the one thing I don't care about. RAW. In all my years shooting digital, I have never used RAW....I never felt the need to.
    12-14-2015 10:22 AM
    That's the one thing I don't care about. RAW. In all my years shooting digital, I have never used RAW....I never felt the need to.
    Raw gives you full control over your image, JPEG processing can destroy the image and give out of putting colours or other such things.
    12-14-2015 02:37 PM
    So...... you didnt negate what I said, you just decided to stomp on what i said. I didnt say that it had raw support, did i? I just told you the facts of my experience, basically the resolutions of the photos this app took.

Please leave this group, and dont flood the updates of this thread with your negativity.

But I will give you credit for pointing out that it currently doesnt have raw support.
    Okay fair I did come of sharp, but the fact still remains that the windows camera is not up to scratch, why do you think they still have Lumia camera 5 for newer Lumia's, 1020 should get Lumia camera 5 as well
    12-14-2015 02:38 PM
    Never had an issue with using JPEGS for the past 15 years! I don't rely on RAW files to make sure my photos are properly exposed. I use the actual camera for that. PP is only used if I want to crop, add filters etc. Besides that, I adjust the camera, not the photo!
    12-14-2015 03:38 PM
    That is, the raw is like the negatives of the photos in the old days. And processing the raw is like being in the darkroom.
    12-14-2015 05:58 PM
    As lumia 1020 users, I still think wm10 isn't optimised for our phones battery wise. My battery dropped from 45% to 25% in 18 minutes while checking emails, 6tag, app updates and whatsapp. I didn't upload, only 3 emails came in, 2 app updates and scrolled through a few dozen photos. This was on wifi. Same situation on cellular. Very fast battery drain
    12-15-2015 04:56 AM
    I've been using the hotspot on my 1020 to share traffic with my Samsung tablet, with the lock screen up. :-)
    Still having problems... Hotspot cuts out as soon as the phone locks / screen goes off.

Not sure why I'd experience different behavior than you, but starting clean from a hard reset didn't help.

I tested doing an endless ping to google.com on my laptop and as soon as I turn off the screen it looses connection to the internet. Same as the last few builds I've tried.

Disappointing, as everything else I've tried so far looks like it's working well, except that the Store app was crashing on me occasionally, but I can live with that. The performance seems to be consistently good. Finally the Lumia camera is back as well.
    12-15-2015 11:01 AM
    Having RAW images may not always be needed, but if you can afford the space it's always nice to have. Ideally you get the image right in-camera, but the extra flexibility when editing afterwards can be really nice if you need it.
    12-15-2015 11:03 AM
    Still having problems... Hotspot cuts out as soon as the phone locks / screen goes off.

Not sure why I'd experience different behavior than you, but starting clean from a hard reset didn't help.

I tested doing an endless ping to google.com on my laptop and as soon as I turn off the screen it looses connection to the internet. Same as the last few builds I've tried.

Disappointing, as everything else I've tried so far looks like it's working well, except that the Store app was crashing on me occasionally, but I can live with that. The performance seems to be consistently good. Finally the Lumia camera is back as well.
    You know what, maybe it's because I use Glance screen, where it's not fully off all the time. If you're okay with using Glance Screen, try giving that a shot.

Also are you doing hotspot through bluetooth or through wifi? It works on both for me, but I do switch between the two.

Good luck!
    12-15-2015 11:10 AM
    You know what, maybe it's because I use Glance screen, where it's not fully off all the time. If you're okay with using Glance Screen, try giving that a shot.

Also are you doing hotspot through bluetooth or through wifi? It works on both for me, but I do switch between the two.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't seem to help. I had my glance on interval with always on when connected to power. I changed it to always on (even when unplugged) and also tried turning it off and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I am trying to create the access point with WiFi. I did just try bluetooth and that did seem to actually keep a connection under the lock screen, so it's nice to know that's an alternative. I still prefer wifi though, as it's a bit less finicky in setting up.
    12-16-2015 08:59 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't seem to help. I had my glance on interval with always on when connected to power. I changed it to always on (even when unplugged) and also tried turning it off and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I am trying to create the access point with WiFi. I did just try bluetooth and that did seem to actually keep a connection under the lock screen, so it's nice to know that's an alternative. I still prefer wifi though, as it's a bit less finicky in setting up.
    Okay yeah, I am able to reproduce the wifi issue, so it IS a pretty big problem. I've been able to do a work around by using an app that has a "dock" mode to keep the screen alive.

Hopefully they fix it in the next build.
    12-16-2015 04:06 PM
    Send them a report in the insider program. They will become aware of it then.
    12-17-2015 06:45 AM
    As lumia 1020 users, I still think wm10 isn't optimised for our phones battery wise. My battery dropped from 45% to 25% in 18 minutes while checking emails, 6tag, app updates and whatsapp. I didn't upload, only 3 emails came in, 2 app updates and scrolled through a few dozen photos. This was on wifi. Same situation on cellular. Very fast battery drain
    Yep, totally agree. I can sit there and check email, Facebook, Twitter, Untapped, use Edge for browsing etc. via WiFi and my 1020 will drain 25%-30% an hour. In standby, if I am at work and it's just sitting on my desk all day, the battery might drain 15%-20% in 10 hours...
    12-18-2015 09:50 AM
    Okay im on 10586.36 now. we'll see how the battery drain goes. And I'll try screenlrss wifi hotspot too
    12-19-2015 08:41 AM
    Okay im on 10586.36 now. we'll see how the battery drain goes. And I'll try screenlrss wifi hotspot too
    Please keep us up to date on this one. Performance, battery, glitch wise!
    12-19-2015 03:08 PM
    Okay so battery problem still exists, performance is smooth. And Wi-Fi hotspot problem still exists.... at least they didn't break anything? :-)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    12-20-2015 02:51 PM
    my Lumia 1020 now on build 10586.36, all pro camera applications (i.e Lumia Camera, Lumia Panorama, Lumia Selfie, Lumia Refocus, Nokia Smart Cam) is working well,.. no heating, battery life pretty good for my daily use average 10-12 hours,
    12-22-2015 03:18 PM
    my Lumia 1020 now on build 10586.36, all pro camera applications (i.e Lumia Camera, Lumia Panorama, Lumia Selfie, Lumia Refocus, Nokia Smart Cam) is working well,.. no heating, battery life pretty good for my daily use average 10-12 hours,
    Nice, i have the same experience. When you were on win8.1 did you still get 10-12 hours?
    12-22-2015 04:15 PM
    What about overall smoothness etc. Is it as good as 8.1 now?
    12-23-2015 05:13 AM
    I find itvery smooth, sometimes a little slow. I hope the slowness disappears after they remove the debugging code
    Apps mostly run smooth
    Switching between apps runs smooth
    Internet browsing ymmv depending on page
    Slowness more noticable when switching in nd out of typing mode
    Battery life till blows , I permanently have it in the extended battery camera case right now

But the camera launches super fast lol
    12-23-2015 08:41 AM
    Nice, i have the same experience. When you were on win8.1 did you still get 10-12 hours?
    for almost 1 year with WP 8.1 battery life is seems like no different
    for my devices which I always touch smoothly, the smoothness is exited me, also super sensitive touch is pretty well, when I used it inside the freezer room as calculator and torch, of course I wear gloves cloth.
    12-23-2015 11:15 AM
    I had a 1020 about a year and a half ago but got rid of it. I've used a couple phones since then, most recently an LG G3. There were a few events lately where the G3 took horrible looking low-light photos so I decided to come back to a 1020 (I don't like carrying around an extra camera)

I installed windows 10 am running 10.0.10586.36. it's mostly fine. some lag when launching apps and stuff but my main concern is the video. The amount of noise is insane. Does anyone else have this problem? i looked at videos from when i was running 8.1 in similiar, or even darker lighting conditions and it never looked so bad as with this new build.
    12-27-2015 08:01 PM
    I had a 1020 about a year and a half ago but got rid of it. I've used a couple phones since then, most recently an LG G3. There were a few events lately where the G3 took horrible looking low-light photos so I decided to come back to a 1020 (I don't like carrying around an extra camera)

I installed windows 10 am running 10.0.10586.36. it's mostly fine. some lag when launching apps and stuff but my main concern is the video. The amount of noise is insane. Does anyone else have this problem? i looked at videos from when i was running 8.1 in similiar, or even darker lighting conditions and it never looked so bad as with this new build.
    Are you using the lumia camera app or the Microsoft Camera app to do the videos?
    12-29-2015 10:06 AM
330 12345 ...