Is WM10 ready for use on the L1020?

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 1020 is now running Windows 10. It's better than I thought. The speed of all Apps is similar to Windows 8.1. Many Apps are better than on Win 8.1 (Calender and Word for example).
Just two annoying bugs:
- Changing a Song gives a optical bug.
- In Edge I had to type in my Username every time. In Win 8.1 IE rememberd my Passwords AND Username.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 1020 is now running Windows 10. It's better than I thought. The speed of all Apps is similar to Windows 8.1. Many Apps are better than on Win 8.1 (Calender and Word for example).
Just two annoying bugs:
- Changing a Song gives a optical bug.
- In Edge I had to type in my Username every time. In Win 8.1 IE rememberd my Passwords AND Username.

First bug is a known bug, it's supposed to have been resolved in the redstone builds

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue with 10.0.10586.107 in that my phone would not update past this and also some noticeable performance issues, so today I bit the bullet and went down to 8.1. Re-installed the insider app and selected fast ring, but my phone will not pull down the update. Changed to slow ring and same thing. The worst thing is that my backups are for windows phone 10. I did this procedure before back in October and didn't have any issues. Any clues out there on what I'm missing?

When you say it will not pull down the update, do you mean download? Or does the update check tell you there is no update available?

GenuineGypsy

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1020 not on list of official Windows 10 release

I'm close to being done with Microsoft and Windows phone. I was a die-hard Windows supporter until this heinous Windows 10 Mobile debacle, now I just feel foolish for buying into their hype. I work in a technology company with 8000+ employees and 4500+ are given company supplied smartphones worldwide. I am one of a very small handful that selected to use my personal phone over an iPhone because I wanted to stay with Windows, so the company is using me as a guinea pig for the platform. I used to be smug about my choice, now I am just embarrassed.

I appear to be stuck on 10.0.586.164 which compounds instability with unresponsive UIs and unacceptable battery consumption and here they leave me... apparently with an "end of life" platform that will not update to releases that would hopefully fix the problems.

I have to have a device that works well so I am now facing replacement. Honestly, the 950 isn't even a consideration solely due to Microsoft's treatment of me as a consumer. As much disdain as I have had for iOS, I may just go there (although, the Blackberry Porsche Design P'9982 is calling my name...darn that is a handsome device!). I purchase my phones, and can not afford to spend hundreds of dollars only to be abandoned by the manufacturer.

#MicrosoftDoYouListen? You are losing your loyal customers by your very poor choices.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

This is Windows phone!

I was such a supporter, but after reading what I have read this past 3 wks....DONE!

damn....back to android!

31021413.jpg

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, it looked like Windows 10 was "the better idea" in that it would supposedly support just about any older Windows phone that had compatible hardware. I am VERY tired of the "two years and then throw it away" mentality when it comes to $500 phones. With this recent decision to abandon lots of older phones (that are in fact already running Windows 10), Microsoft established a very bad precedent. I was thinking seriously about the 950 as a replacement for my 1020.... it has just about everything I want in a phone and with a replaceable battery it could have a very long useful life. But there is no way I will buy a 950 with MS has essentially telling us that after a couple years, we will need to throw away a perfectly good phone and buy another one.

Back to Ebay and used Nexus phones I guess. At least I don't lose much when they get abandoned.

I had such high hopes for Windows 10.

Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb