Is WM10 ready for use on the L1020?

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I hope with the next Update for 10586 we get the new designed Maps-App and a faster Photo-App. The other things are almost perfect right now with Windows 10 and Lumia 1020.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1020 not on list of official Windows 10 release

This is Windows phone!

I was such a supporter, but after reading what I have read this past 3 wks....DONE!

damn....back to android!

View attachment 124695

Crap, I just jumped into the life raft! Found out that paypal makes the credit card reader for windows, and that the 950xl is one of only a couple of phones to do full capabilities in 2 sims. Damn you MS for making that phone. ha ha ha. Back in.....

WPmaster

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys whats the verdict for Lumia 1020 and Windows Phone 10? Here are a few questions and concerns...
Whats the best build right now?

What are the bugs?

Hows the battery life?

Are you happy browsing with edge (bug free)?

Does Lumia Camera work? Do we get the same quality?

Has anyone tried Redstone? is it worth the hassle to worik around to upgrade to redstone?

Some insight would be appreciated! Thank you :D

Siema_CoTam

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys whats the verdict for Lumia 1020 and Windows Phone 10? Here are a few questions and concerns...
Whats the best build right now?

What are the bugs?

Hows the battery life?

Are you happy browsing with edge (bug free)?

Does Lumia Camera work? Do we get the same quality?

Has anyone tried Redstone? is it worth the hassle to worik around to upgrade to redstone?

Some insight would be appreciated! Thank you :D

I use .164 some weeks. The one problem is Edge. This app is slow, uses a lot of battery, don't load new tabs.
I don't see any problems with Lumia Camera.
Battery. No more than day. But it's the same for me like with using WP8.1.

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I had an issue with 10.0.10586.107 in that my phone would not update past this and also some noticeable performance issues, so today I bit the bullet and went down to 8.1. Re-installed the insider app and selected fast ring, but my phone will not pull down the update. Changed to slow ring and same thing. The worst thing is that my backups are for windows phone 10. I did this procedure before back in October and didn't have any issues. Any clues out there on what I'm missing?

Change the ring to slow ring.

Strichcode

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 14295 at the moment. Only "problems" I have is search with cortana is extremly slow and the lockscreen sometimes takes a small nap before showing the keypad. But I didn't hardreset because I fear loosing GlanceScreen after reset. Waiting for new build - maybe today - and also will try this one.
Lumia Camera came back on the store after reverting the values in the registry to original ones after the update was done.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
you can still download Redstone for the 1020 (and other unsupported phones) but you will get stuck in a reboot loop. Seems like they removed support for S4 chipsets in the newest builds :(

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
the last hope destroyed that you could use Redstone builds on the 1020 at least through unofficial methods :unhappy:
Well the xda people are working away at this. Apparently the S4 chipset drivers *are* still in the cabs that are downloaded, so it may be a temporary problem with these buggy builds. Of course if MS have given up testing these builds on x20 phones, and in particular on 1020 with its unusual camera and memory configuration, we can expect more and more problems to creep in until we get something that just can't be worked around. I think we should keep bugging Gabe Aul on twitter, telling him how well the 1020 runs on Threshold, and what it would mean to the WM10 community if the former flagships could be included in Redstone. @gabeaul

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well the xda people are working away at this. Apparently the S4 chipset drivers *are* still in the cabs that are downloaded, so it may be a temporary problem with these buggy builds. Of course if MS have given up testing these builds on x20 phones, and in particular on 1020 with its unusual camera and memory configuration, we can expect more and more problems to creep in until we get something that just can't be worked around. I think we should keep bugging Gabe Aul on twitter, telling him how well the 1020 runs on Threshold, and what it would mean to the WM10 community if the former flagships could be included in Redstone. @gabeaul

or they are starting to drop now unneeded "ballast" and can maybe speed up or slim down the OS so that the offical supported phones can profit. yes, there's still some small hope but I don't think it's realistic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett