Another Day..Another 1020 Issue...what should I do?

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Another Day...Another 1020 Issue......

so still using my 1020....got a new laptop and upgraded to w10....
now my PC wont connect to my phone....no drivers are installing....BUT...
my device charges....windows devices recovery tool (WDRT) doesn't recognise my 1020 either....even though I click no connection....
tried adding legacy software....choosing Nokia and also MS drivers (MTP and Nokia Connectivity).....no luck....
is this a "standard" issue?
also installed winusb drivers....
any help would be appreciated.....
*NOTE: cant find where Bluetooth transfers the files either.......another issue....
Device: Nokia Lumia 1020,
Dell Inspiron 5000 series win10 single language (???) i7 processor

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
tried that....seems the port is weak...tried the cables with my wifes phone and it connected to my pc. tried my phone with the same cables on another pc...same result
so it seems the port is weak.....

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Another Day...Another 1020 Issue......

I have the same issue. Tested on 2 different Lumia 1020.
My advice? Install a LAN transfer files app. I use Easy Transfer, really lightweight, you just have to install on the phone, and connect both devices to the same network (even using your phone if you don't have a home connection).
The cool facts are:
?extremely easy, and no more cables (even if with 1020 is "forced" xD)
?no waste of data if you have a limited plan, since it uses LAN to communicate between devices
?really fast transfer

I know it isn't a solution but a workaround, but better than nothing.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

I have the same issue. Tested on 2 different Lumia 1020.
I know it isn't a solution but a workaround, but better than nothing.

yeah better than nothing but I was looking to go back to 8.1, install a few apps and then (re)upgrade....

so ANOTHER 1020 issue??? this is an occurrence??? smdh
thanks for the advice...ill give it a go and let you know how I get on....
Edit: works great! thanks!....still need the port fixed though....did you ever get yours done?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site

Happened to me on my 920. Nothing worked except a reflash. Bit the bullet and did the reflash. Worked great now. Reflash it.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

This happened to mine. At first the cable would be a little touchy and would connect and disconnect constantly. Then after a while it just stopped connecting. It wasn't the cable or computer because I tried multiple computers and cables. My wife's 925 worked fine with the same equipment. Did a quick Bing search and found that a lot of people were also having issues with their 1020's. I got mine replaced thru the warranty program but now my replacement 1020 is starting to have the same issue. It appears as though that portion of the 1020 just had poor build quality. I'm waiting for the 950 series to come out so I can make an insurance claim and see if I can just get a new phone...because I doubt they have more 1020's in stock. I've been thru about 5 1020's for various reasons so I don't feel bad about trying to get a new phone out of them

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I just filed an online insurance claim with Asurion but they offered me a LG G4. I don't want an android. It would be nice to get another 1020 but it looks like they don't carry them anymore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99