**My phone is in Hong Kong. How do I get it to English?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty simple actually, scroll and tap as you do the language will change.

It will take you a few attempts to change it to english, presuming this list is in alphabetical order UK - English should be some where nearer the bottom. Or it might be English (United Kingdom) hence somewhere nearer the top... lol.

Drop by the introductions Introductions - Windows Central Forums and say hello :),

It's always nice to see another fellow Lumia user and the legendary 1020 no less.

November1020

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I can get it to do is go to the calculator. It hardly scrolls at all. I tried turning the phone off and it wont even do that.
Thanks

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh so you have managed to boot into the O/S?

1) Swipe left to get to the app list,

2) scroll down until you see the gear icon (that is the icon for settings)

3) Scroll all the way down to the bottom and region is the 19th entry (language is the 18th).

4) the top box is for country and tap on that

5) United kingdom is the 9th entry from the bottom and USA is the 8th.

6) Tap on either

7) this will bring you back to previous screen, where at the bottom you should see a button with blue* (or what ever the accent/theme colour is) writing and tapping on the button will restart the phone.

8) You phone now should start up in english, go back to region again to change to your preferred region.

If it does not, then go to language:

1) Tap on the + icon

2) English (Australia) is the 14th Tick box

3) Tick it and press the tick on the app bar on the bottom

4) You will now go back to the language screen, where you should see a button with blue*(or what ever the accent/theme colour is) writing underneath and tapping the button will restart and your phone will be using English (Australia)

November1020

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I got as far as selecting English, I do not see where to select restart. All I see is 2 boxes that can be checked but it will not reboot. Been working all day maybe I just can't see the obvious. I will check it out in the morning. Thanks for you help, it is very appreciated.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I got as far as selecting English, I do not see where to select restart. All I see is 2 boxes that can be checked but it will not reboot. Been working all day maybe I just can't see the obvious. I will check it out in the morning. Thanks for you help, it is very appreciated.

No problem at all, when you can please post some screenshots or attach them as that would help :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte