Using 1020 as a dashcam

coolibop

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I used one that fit to the mould/design of the 1020 (search amazon...unfortunately I can't post links just yet). The one I have is identical to the one being sold by Matek (although mine was sold under different name). I didn't have any big problems with shaking as some of the reviewers posted. My issue with using my 1020 as a dashcam is really battery related. On long drives, I couldn't manage to keep it charged (even when plugged in). I figure it would record for about 2hrs and the battery would be drained.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was just thinking about this... What we need is an app that just keeps the last xxx minutes of video, like a flight data recorder. You could make the number of minutes variable as a setting. That way you would not fill up your phone's memory with hours of continuous video.

coolibop

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I was just thinking about this... What we need is an app that just keeps the last xxx minutes of video, like a flight data recorder. You could make the number of minutes variable as a setting. That way you would not fill up your phone's memory with hours of continuous video.
This already exists. I used roadtracks app which worked well, but I ran into a lot of battery drain (I think disabling the screen helps a lot). I also tried one (it's out there) that recorded only last xx minutes after a crash/sudden movement was detected... I just can't remember the name :(

Bradleykinz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Yep. But it's not bad. The thickest part is the grip and battery. I carry it in the pocket of my jeans without problem XD.

Haha yeah it fit fine in my pocket too. I'm purely using my lumia 1020 for it's camera right now, so I wanted the extra battery life that this grip offers. And it's really easy to hold in my hand now. Well worth $35.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077