Why did my 1020 brick this morning?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why did my 1020 brick this morning?

Wondering if there was an update pushed to the fast ring last night/early this morning that I didnt notice? I woke up, took the dogs out with my coffee, all was well, then when I got out of the shower, its a brick.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: why did my 1020 brick this morning?

Pop battery maybe. Happened to my Lumia 830 once but after playing with holding power button on and off for periods of time it somehow booted. Maybe I did a hard reset with the buttons. Bing/google hard reset via buttons for the phone.

muddyblackdog

May 31, 2012
Visit site

( I was the one who asked this, apparently not logged in when I did.)Thanks for the advice, but I've tried soft resets, hard resets, and no luck. I can get it to vibrate, but thats all. Makes me wonder if the display is the actual problem. I have noticed a "ghosting" or "shadow" of some homescreen icons when I have a white screen on an app, like an email or when a webpage is loading.

muddyblackdog

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Hi all. I'm sorry. I bailed. I couldn't justify all the hassle anymore. I'm not angry about it. I really wanted windows phone to work. I pre-ordered a Lumia 900 way back when, got a 1020 twenty-two months ago. I honestly could have dealt with the bugs and crashes and what not during my time on the fast ring. But I don't see the app gap closing enough soon enough. And with this thing turning into a brick for me this morning, well, it just forced me to make a decision. I really do hope it turns around. Until then, I had to get something else. Good luck, I'll still be checking in, just not as often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett