There is this statement from the MS page about the camera grip for lumia 1020

Extra power while shooting

1020mAh built-in rechargeable battery this means you get up to 285 extra shots or 48 minutes of video
    If the camera grip can give enough charge for 285 more shots, does that mean the lumia 1020 can take at least 500 photos? On a single charge?

From the 20 months I've been using my lumia 1020, the most number of photos I have taken on a single charge has been 280 (100% going down to 15%). This was on 5mp + 38/34mp jpeg shots

Has anyone ever been able to take more than 300 shots on a single charge? Using lumia camera
    01-11-2016 07:21 AM
    i got 233 (without flash) in 6h timeframe
    but i also used gps to find places
    01-11-2016 09:50 AM
    01-13-2016 12:24 AM
    With proshot and doing timelapse at 15s intervals, 16:9 aspect ratio, full size, I managed 360 shots while battery went down from 92% to 17%
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-27-2016 06:27 AM
    I've got nowhere near that amount. I'm surprised at how fast the camera grip drains. I think the most I've ever got (with the camera grip and flash) would be around 150 - 200. Obviously the flash would have a significant drain on the battery.
    01-30-2016 03:52 PM
    Interesting that you should demand so much from a phone.
    I always tell my friends "I have a Camera that happens to be a phone" not the other way around.
    If ever I wanted to test the phone this way, I would use the Camera Grip to truly test it out, I can't imagine taking 100 pictures in a night without recharging (what the hell would I be taking pictures of) ?
    If you are a photographer, then you really should be buying a Camera, rather than expecting so much from a phone.
    It's very cool that people think so much of the phone, but everything has it's limitations, even a Camera that you can't use as a phone.
    Your topic is interesting, in both what that Camera in the phone is capable of, but in the same time cheapens true digital photography using a good digital camera.
    1020 is cool, but if you are to use it as a solo digital camera, perhaps you should remove the sim and use it "just as a camera" without any other background performance or drain on the battery.
    02-14-2016 02:44 AM
    Interesting that you should demand so much from a phone.
    I always tell my friends "I have a Camera that happens to be a phone" not the other way around.
    If ever I wanted to test the phone this way, I would use the Camera Grip to truly test it out, I can't imagine taking 100 pictures in a night without recharging (what the hell would I be taking pictures of) ?
    If you are a photographer, then you really should be buying a Camera, rather than expecting so much from a phone.
    It's very cool that people think so much of the phone, but everything has it's limitations, even a Camera that you can't use as a phone.
    Your topic is interesting, in both what that Camera in the phone is capable of, but in the same time cheapens true digital photography using a good digital camera.
    1020 is cool, but if you are to use it as a solo digital camera, perhaps you should remove the sim and use it "just as a camera" without any other background performance or drain on the battery.
    I'm a guy really interested in travelling with tight budgets and making the most out of the experience. I can't afford a professional camera, not yet anyway. I want to get a good amount of experience and the lumia 1020 is close to being dslr quality

So when I go on travels, I usually take 100-300 shots during the whole day, more if I am assured of finding power to charge my phone.
    I also try out time lapses and for a 15 second time lapse at 30fps, you would need 450 shots to compose that timelapse

I usually keep the phone on flight mode to minimise battery usage and keep things for photo taking

Thank you for the feedback
    02-15-2016 02:41 AM
    I'm a guy really interested in travelling with tight budgets and making the most out of the experience. I can't afford a professional camera, not yet anyway. I want to get a good amount of experience and the lumia 1020 is close to being dslr quality

So when I go on travels, I usually take 100-300 shots during the whole day, more if I am assured of finding power to charge my phone.
    I also try out time lapses and for a 15 second time lapse at 30fps, you would need 450 shots to compose that timelapse

I usually keep the phone on flight mode to minimise battery usage and keep things for photo taking

Thank you for the feedback
    Get the Camera Grip to extend Battery Life, it's very comfortable to use also :-)
    02-16-2016 12:18 AM
    Get the Camera Grip to extend Battery Life, it's very comfortable to use also :-)
    I have it but it still isn't enough. At most I have been able to add 100 more shots because of the camera grip
    02-16-2016 11:02 PM
    Buy a second one camera grip and keep it fully charged for back-up. They are always being offered on eBay.
    nailzer likes this.
    03-04-2016 10:22 AM