Lumia 1020 is useless after W10M update Feb 9th 2016, how can I fix this?

BB_Nicky86

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
limia 1020 is useless after w10m updat feb 9th 2016

Updated to slow ring current version available Feb 9th 2016 and now I can't unlock my phone. I get error "you've entered an incorrect pin too many times, to try again restart your device"

Ive restarted 20 times and no change, I've soft reset (volt- and pwr) multiple times and no change.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: limia 1020 is useless after w10m updat feb 9th 2016

Sad to hear this...

Sounds like you may be forced to use the windows phone recovery tool.

BB_Nicky86

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Typical garbage from Microsoft lately.... would be nice if they could get it right before release

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Typical garbage from Microsoft lately.... would be nice if they could get it right before release

um. You explicitly entered the Insider Slow Ring. You explicitly agreed to the potential for bad things.

Which means it wasn't released. It hasn't been released for any 20-series phone yet.

Sure its on the 950 and whatnot, but its probably been better tuned for it and is less buggy.

Unfortunately I believe fate was tempted here and the Recovery Tool is in order.

Now with that said, I admit I am disappointed with the current buggier-than-I'd-like state of 10 Mobile, but you seem to have entered more dangerous waters without taking precautions as required by the program. (not required per se, but nice to have.)

BB_Nicky86

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

um. You explicitly entered the Insider Slow Ring. You explicitly agreed to the potential for bad things.

Which means it wasn't released. It hasn't been released for any 20-series phone yet.

Sure its on the 950 and whatnot, but its probably been better tuned for it and is less buggy.

Unfortunately I believe fate was tempted here and the Recovery Tool is in order.

Now with that said, I admit I am disappointed with the current buggier-than-I'd-like state of 10 Mobile, but you seem to have entered more dangerous waters without taking precautions as required by the program. (not required per se, but nice to have.)

Actually this is the only time I've used insider and had a problem like this. I've never been complexly locked out of my device. What makes it even better. Before this happened I was entering in my correct pin and I was told my pin was incorrect.

I've been using Windows phone since day one. I was a "client trainer" for TELUS so I've used every mobile platform. Windows Phone has by far been the best platform. There are so many things I like about Windows 10 for mobile, but the platform is nowhere near ready for public release.

Furthermore this is no longer "beta" software and we REALLY need to stop referring to it as that. Yes it's technical preview and we're running a version not yet released to the public. However they have already launched three phones with this slop show of an OS on them. They really need to get their **** together.

I would be what one would call a "fan boy" everything in my home is MS, I prefer their products but lately with Windows 10 mobile it's just...so many things are being missed. I get they are trying to unify everything. How about you do what you did with WP7 and 8, release just the basics so it actually works, doesn't crash constantly, and battery life is there. Then add all the tweaks, bells, and whistles as time goes on.

Windows phone 7 couldn't even copy and paste until an update was released to do so.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

This was an old known issue on preview builds many moons ago. I think it was caused by updating from one tp to the other rather than a clean install.
There are many threads here about it and the fix.

If I helped, hit THANKS!

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

all Updates, Particularly Insiders (an agreement) know there can be issues.
Hard rest with buttons

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
A few tips: things that have worked for me....I also don;t say it is fool proof, but it's kept this fool ok so far :)

Before going to the TP I did a factory reset to take away any apps, then hard rest. Ran updates for built in things ( also did not allow use of back up in set up). Treat it always like a fresh install. Yes it takes time to go back after and re add all apps, but with a fresh start it lets you add apps one by one to test and know what causes the bugs to pop up.

Anyway the only app that should be extra after you factory reset or hard reset is the Insider app ( coming from 8.1).

Once you have finished Windows 10 Mobile install ( prior to running setup), factory reset again. You can never be too safe.

I also find it helps to remove the SIM card to do all this. Once I have set up and ran updates for all built in apps, then I put the SIM back in. I have no idea if that is an important step, but it was something that was given to me as tip back when I was flashing ROMs on my old SMT 5600 and HTC HD2.

As back in the day the odd time flashing a ROM with a SIM in somehow buggered a few ROMs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea