Found a place selling AMOLED replacements! YAY!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
There is a place selling replacement AMOLEDs for our 1020s. 109 bucks, reasonable, state side instead of china, and sameday shipping.

I am ordering one on Monday!

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Just risked buying one from Ebay $AU75.00 delivered, hope it works, mine was working but smashed, but tried to separate the glass last night, that really wrecked it, I was a little too aggressive and impatient

triturbo

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I hope I would never need it, but just in case. Are you sure that there are LCDs for the 1020? That's atrocious! On a side note, too bad that these guys don't sell batteries as well, but it's good that they have camera modules. Just like my N93 a decade ago, the 1020 is a few drops away from rendering the camera useless.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by triturbo
Thanks for the link. I hope I would never need it, but just in case. Are you sure that there are LCDs for the 1020? That's atrocious! On a side note, too bad that these guys don't sell batteries as well, but it's good that they have camera modules. Just like my N93 a decade ago, the 1020 is a few drops away from rendering the camera useless.

All of the replacement displays I have seen and purchased for the 1020 were LCD. And you could tell when compared to the original.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Just read what I bought, YES, it does say LED (feel like an *****), bummer, at least it's going on my "spare".
It will be interesting to see the difference (if any).
When Googling the difference on many sites, comments tend to turn into huge ***** fights, one thing I did note was "burn in" (ouch) and outdoor visibility comments.

I'm now actually excited to be able to see the same phone with different screens side by side.
That would be a true comparison, usually people are comparing different phones with different screens.

Last edited:

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
that's what I do. My wife and I both have 1020s, my last replacement was an LCD, from repairs universe. installed it, it looked ok by itself, but next to an original AMOLED, it was horrible. then, about 2 weeks later it started delamiating the glass from LCD.....it was over 100 bucks when I bought it.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, my cheap LCD came today.....installed and updating apps....I am soooooo happy...ditch the samesong crap again. Cannot wait to take the ole 12 guage to them next weekend! woo hooo....

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Well, my cheap LCD came today.....installed and updating apps....I am soooooo happy...ditch the samesong crap again. Cannot wait to take the ole 12 guage to them next weekend! woo hooo....

Gives me something to look forward to, many people in reviews prefer LCD .... time will tell

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I think what I got was a refurbished unit. There were little scratches and hacks in the back side of the display. My wife and I compared hers with mine and there is very little difference. Yellows on hers are a little different color, but blacks are the same etc. I am happy once again!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, The new screen arrived today. It looks legit. It looks exactly like the original, down to the adhesive that keeps the proximity sensor in place. Every other screen I have replaced you had to transfer that from the original. So, I think the new one is an actual NOKIA display.

Tinderbox_UK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
So what goes wrong with the 1020 display, is it just damage though drops and alike or does it go faulty, my 1020 display is perfect though i dont use it much.

John.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
physical damage. I have a case on mine, but it fell out of my pocket, and nailed a rock.....twice....damn! My wifes is 2 years old going strong now!

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
My cheap one arrived from Ebay, didn't have a few things attached, I just cannibalized from the old screen, then installed, very happy with the end result
cracked-screen01.jpg
cracked-screen02.jpg
cracked-screen03.jpg
cracked-screen04.jpg

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I have noticed with the new screen is the fact that it is nowhere as "slippery" under my fingers, I have cleaned it several times and my finger still seems to grip the screen slightly, rather than "sliding"

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I am getting a new display from either etrade supply or repairuniverse.
From etradesupply its 95usd including shipping to the Caribbean. They said its an OEM part. (Made by Nokia)
Can someone tell me if they are LCD Amoled or OEM? I am not sure in the description. Thanks

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited:

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
They are NOT OEM. They are cheap, and mine from repair universe started to delaminate from the frame. had to crazy glue it back together. The one I linked above LOOKS and feels like OEM. The one on my phone now is the cheap one from ebay, it is "grippy" like mentioned above, and finger prints stick easier, but its colors are good.

If I were you I would spend the extra money and get the one I ordered from Global Direct parts. I don't have it installed as I am just using the cheap one until it starts pulling apart as I expect it to soon!.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon