Think twice when wanting to buy this phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

popiter34

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
By far, this has been the phone with the best camera I have had. Too bad its software has been abandoned and has become obsolete since 2 years is too old for Windows. For those who are wanting to buy this product, I recommend you look for other brands. There are plenty of other phones with great cameras. You might enjoy the camera on this one but the operating system is completely bugged and will NEVER be updated. Makes the camera functions great but the smartphone functions useless.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I love these hyperbolic posts. Window phone 8.1 was Abandoned' for the next version. Just like apple and Google stop adding features for older version.

The smartphone functions are working just fine on 8.1 as are the apps for that operating system. According to many 1020 owners, it works well enough in insider previews.

Anyone who wants this phone should go and get it. Because aside from the 808, there is no other phone presently with the 1020s capabilities.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the OP but for the different reasons.

If you get this phone now in the used market, it would have a worn out battery from its past owner. You would have to take the phone apart to replace the battery. But Nokia never released the OEM battery for the public sale, so you would have to rely on a shotty third party battery which might or might not match the original battery's performance.
And then, there is the 32gb storage with no expansion. After the OS, music, and apps, it has barely any room for actual camera footage.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
By far, this has been the phone with the best camera I have had. Too bad its software has been abandoned and has become obsolete since 2 years is too old for Windows. For those who are wanting to buy this product, I recommend you look for other brands. There are plenty of other phones with great cameras. You might enjoy the camera on this one but the operating system is completely bugged and will NEVER be updated. Makes the camera functions great but the smartphone functions useless.

Keep the original software, the phone works perfectly (and better than others) without an update, if you complain about updates, just keep the phone "original".
Why update something that was great in the first place ?
IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT :)

nazuragomes

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have to agree with you! I'm very upset, even now during typing this comment. I didn't update the phone with windows 10, every app should work normally but don't, my WhatsApp shuts down very often and now got lots of bugs and the explorer fails as well. How come an app receives and update and become worse? It happened with me and some of my friends. Don't listen to these blind windows fans, wake up to the real world!

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
my WhatsApp shuts down very often and now got lots of bugs and the explorer fails as well. How come an app receives and update and become worse?
This isn't normal behaviour for this phone model.
I would suggest a soft reset and failing that a hard reset.
It happened with me and some of my friends. Don't listen to these blind windows fans, wake up to the real world!
I think you need to visit the real world, where not all technology is perfect and sometimes you need to troubleshoot a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss